Chapter 28

I was awoken to the blinds being pulled open, the sunlight cascading into the room, blinding my sight. The arms wrapped around my waist tightened their grasp, and a tired groan escaped his lips as Harry buried his face into the back of my neck. I felt his lips press against my neck. 

A smile crept onto my face as I remembered he was allowed to stay the night. There was no better feeling than waking up in the arms of someone. I hadn't felt this way since we stayed in that little house. There was only one bed, but it was the most comfortable since he was there, lying beside me.

"Good morning, you two." Trish smiled. "It's seven and it's time to get out of bed. I brought breakfast."

"Thank you," Harry said, stretching his arms. "What time am I supposed to leave?"

"I believe your mother told me around eight thirty," she said. "Your parents have been in the study since five this morning. Sounds like an argument to me."

Trish left the room to let the two of us wake up. I saw clothes set out over the chairs. 

I pushed the heavy white comforter off of me, making me shiver from the impact of the sudden chill in the air. Harry groaned as I rolled off of him. It's not like I wanted to leave him, but we had to face the music and go ahead with the day.

"If I get out of bed and get dressed, it makes today seem even more real," he murmured, sitting up and bringing his legs to his chest. I walked over to his side of the bed, sitting on the edge. "It means leaving you here is real."

"We knew today was coming, Harry," I sighed. "It was inevitable."

"I know," he said, taking one of my hands in his. "I just wish our life was simpler. I wish it was as easy as everyone else's."

"Life isn't easy, Harry. We all have to live our lives dealing with constant struggles. No one has an easy life." I smiled, resting the palm of my hand on his warm cheek. "We'll get through this."

"Why are you so understanding?" he laughed, looking at me in awe. "Sometimes I think to myself that you are going to just start screaming. You don't though."

"What's the point in arguing something that I have no control over?" I asked him. His lips pursed as he pondered over my words. "Come on, H. It's time to get dressed. You have quite the journey today."

Harry glumly nodded and pushed the blanket off of him. He leaned over to kiss my lips before getting out of the bed, then walked over to the chairs with clothes and grabbed his uniform, setting it on the end of the bed. He stood over it, arms crossed, his eyes scanning as he frowned at the red suit. 

"Don't hate the uniform," I said to him. "You look handsome in it." I smiled, walking to him. Harry reached out his arm and hugged me to his side.

"Thank you." he smiled, kissing the top of my head. "This damn uniform causes so many problems, though."

"Just breathe through." I patted his chest and walked across the room to my outfit, slipping into the bathroom to change. 

"Em," I heard Harry say. I turned to see him standing in the entrance of the bathroom. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me, too." I smiled. "Go get dressed. I'm being serious now!"

"Okay, okay." he laughed, turning around and walking to the bed.

Harry seemed like a lost puppy, his thoughts cluttering his mind about the whole deployment. I could see it in his eyes that he didn't want to leave home, and didn't want him to leave either, but I knew he had to go. He had no choice and I didn't have the right to ask him to stay. In the end, it was his father's decision to have him go to war. If it were up to me, I would have kept him here.