Chapter 31

"What do you mean he's coming home?" I asked stepping away from her with a frown on my face. 

"He—" she stopped when she started talking. I could feel the tears beginning to well in my eyes. My heart began to race at whatever the possibilities could be. Queen Anne reached over and wiped the underneath of my eyes. 

"He's dead isn't he?" I sniffled looking down at the ground not being able to face the look she was going to make. I felt her hands touch my shoulders. I took a large step backward as I felt sobs begin to rack through my body. 

I felt my legs give as I began to fall to the ground. A large pair of hands caught me before I fell flat to the ground. I was crying, my life feeling like it had been ripped from my soul. She hadn't even directly answered me yet, but I knew. Her silence seemed to be the answer to everything. Her silence said everything.

"He's injured, Emerald," she said resting her hand to my cheek. "He's been admitted to the hospital. He's lost a lot of blood and—"

"Take me to him," I said looking at her. "Now."

"Emerald," King Desmond said interjecting. I raised my hand up to stop him from continuing.

"You've done enough," I stated through gritted teeth. "Just take me to H, dammit."

"Y-yes, of course," Queen Anne nodded brushing the stray tears from my face. "We'll all go together and come back—"

"I'd prefer to go alone, thanks," I said closing my eyes. "I understand he's your son, but please. Please just let me go alone."

"I understand, Emerald," she nodded. "Did you want to change to something nicer?"

"No," I snapped. "Just take me to him now."

The only thing that was on my mind was Harry. As always. My mind was still registering that he was alive, but unwell. He was injured. I was never told to what extent, but I didn't care. He was alright for now. He was home and away from the turmoil of war. I can feel his touch once more.

A driver came up to us and said he was ready to go. Queen Anne handed me a phone and told me to call the driver when I was ready to come back home. Honestly, if it was up to me, I was going to stay there until he goes home. I didn't care about anyone else. He was the only thing that mattered in my world. He was more important than any clothes that I had on my body. 

"You seem nervous, Ms. Price," the driver noted looking at me from the rear view mirror.

"Yeah," I shrugged not really wanting to talk with the stranger in the front seat. 

"You know, for a girl your age, you seem so grown up. Why is that Ms. Price?"

"Being in the palace does things to you," I said nonchalantly. "I had a tough life. People grow up."

"But you're so young. No one should have to face a tough life," he noted sadly. "That's what I want to change. The poverty is so unbelievable. I wish I could erase it," he said with a sigh. "That's what Anne tells me, too. She knows Harry'll fix it. He's always been a people pleaser."

"What's your name again?" I asked.

"I'm Robin," the large, gruff man smiled. "Robin Twist." 

I nodded and looked out the window as the car turned. I glanced and saw the medical cross on a large sign. Robin pulled up to the building and handed me a piece of paper with a seal on it. I gave him a confused look.

"That piece of paper will get you to Harry," he said tapping the edge of the paper. "Anything with the royal seal will. Show that to the nurse at the front desk and you will get a one way ticket to his room."