Chapter 25

The festival has been going on for a few days. It was so exciting, everyone was in a happy mood. I knew Harry had been in meetings with his father the night before following the third lantern ceremony. I decided to venture out on my own this morning. The palace was so much more laid back than it has been in the past few months that I have been here.

As I walked out of the castle, the sun was just breaking over the horizon, a glorious mixture of pink, orange, and yellow colors all mixing together. It was probably the most beautiful sunrise I've ever seen. I played with the fabric of my dress. Today it was a peach color, not my favorite color, but Trish insisted it was my color. I trusted her judgment.

I saw there were a bunch of artisan booths set up around the town center. I remember Queen Anne telling me to buy something from them because they are the hardest workers. She had granted me a checkbook for me to write checks out. A few weeks ago, she taught me how to sign my name and write numbers. I had been practicing as much as I could since then. 

I walked up to a booth that had beautiful jewelry hanging on small hooks and presented beautifully on the table. Some were gold, some silver. These were so beautiful, the design reminded me somehow of the pieces of jewelry that Trish often gave me from her son. 

"Hello," a boy said, I looked up to see a dark skinned boy with thick black hair. "You looking to buy or just looking?"

"To buy, I love your work," I smiled. "I'm assuming you're Trish's son, Zayn."

"I am," he nodded with a smile. "You must be Emerald Price, the girl people say is going to marry the Prince," he smiled. 

"Nothing is for sure," I said to Zayn looking at a piece of silver jewelry. "He could easily change his mind."

"I doubt that," Zayn smiled. "Mum keeps telling me you'd be perfect for me if this whole thing doesn't work out. I have a girlfriend she doesn't really like."

"You do? It's probably why I've never heard of her," I laughed.

"Most likely, her name is Perrie," he smiled to me.

"Designer Perrie?"

"You have heard of her?"

"I have a few of her dresses from when I did a photoshoot with her," I smiled. "She's pretty and so nice."

"She is," Zayn smiled. "Mum doesn't think us being together is beneficial because the money isn't exactly set in stone."

"You both seem to be doing good for yourselves," I offered. "Your mother just doesn't want you to stress out over the littlest of things I assume."

"Yeah, you're probably right," he nodded. "Anything you want? I usually give you silver jewelry because my mum says it looks good with your complexion. Your name is Emerald and lucky for you, I have a piece of jewelry with an emerald in it."

I watched as Zayn picked up a silver necklace with a teardrop shape hanging from the chain. It was a bright green and it looked so pretty. I smiled as he walked around the table and put it over my head letting it dangle on my chest.

"It looks beautiful," I gasped touching it with my fingertips. "I still can't get over how beautiful your work is. That hairpiece you designed me for the ball was so pretty."

"You can have the necklace, you brought a lot of business to me by wearing it," Zayn smiled clasping it and fixing my hair. 

"I can't just take it," I said to him. "I said I would buy."

"Don't worry about it," he smiled. "Besides, I know it's the king and queen's money. They give me money every month for your jewelry anyways. This time you got to pick out your accessories first hand."