Chapter 48

"You're no longer the crowned Prince. Take stand and fight for your country King Harry," I smiled squeezing his shoulders. His large hand covered my hand giving it a gentle squeeze. 

"You're right," Harry said standing up straightening out his red jacket. "I'm the king now. I'll be fine, Em, you go find safety. I will be taking out these assholes."

The fact that he wasn't even appearing to be worried about the whole situation made me proud. In the months that I have known him, he has really grown into himself and accepted his fate. That fate stood in today at this moment when he was informed that he was now the king. When I first met him, he didn't want to do anything relating back to his duties. He didn't even want to get married. Looking at the long haired Prince, no, King, I saw the changes. He wanted a wife, children, and he most certainly wanted what was best for his home. He was holding the essence of a good and possibly magnificent ruler. All hail King Harry! 

"Go get 'em tiger," I smiled reassuring him. "I know where Gemma is, so you go save your kingdom." 

"Em," he said to me holding my wrist. "Thank you for coming back."

"I'll always come back," I whispered. "Go save our home," I said as he leaned down to give me a quick kiss. He followed close behind me making sure I got to safety quickly. The hallways were crowded with people who have fallen. It was a haunting sight to see.

I got into the small cupboard where Gemma was. I returned in there to see Queen Anne now in there with her hands folded on her lap as Gemma talked away to her. It dawned on me that I was the last one to see King Desmond. Do I tell them of his passing? Do I let Harry do that? I felt conflicted.

"Emerald!" Anne gasped standing up walking up to me. "What in the world are you doing here?"

"Oh yeah, that's what I forgot," Gemma chimed as Anne hugged me.

"The attack and—I needed to know Harry was alright. I know it's not my place to be here, but I needed to," I said quickly, my breath running out from how fast I spoke.

"I understand, Emerald," she said resting a hand to my cheek. "Is he safe?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"Have you seen Dad?" Gemma asked. 

My eyes met Gemma's, and I suddenly felt the conflicting feeling swell within me. I bit my lip debating whether or not to reveal what I know. The both of them were looking at me with curious looks in their eyes. 

"It's alright dear, tell us what you know," Anne assured me rubbing my arm up and down.

I took one of her hands with one of mine, and then grabbed Gemma's hand. I squeezed them both in my hand trying to word how I would say what I needed to. This was single-handedly one of the hardest things I think I will ever have to say to someone. I took in a deep breath looking back at them.

"When I was looking for Harry, I stumbled upon some things in the hallway. One of them was King Desmond's..... it was his body," I whispered, and Queen Anne's eyes widened, her hand automatically going to Gemma's other hand. "I'm so sorry."

"What about Harry? Does he know?" Gemma asked, her eyes watering.

"Yes," I nodded. "He knows he is now king."

"Oh my God," Queen Anne said covering her mouth as she cried. "He's gone. He's really gone," she said holding Gemma close to her body.

The sight in front of me was heartbreaking to watch. I couldn't imagine what Harry felt like when my own father died. Then again, when my father died, we were left with nothing. Harry? He was left with the world. His family wasn't, though. However, knowing who Harry is inside and out, I know the other girls in his life are going to be taken care of. He'll always look out for his family.