Chapter 44

The following morning, I was seated in my bedroom drinking a cup of tea and reading the book I got from Trish. Mrs. Willer delivered my food this morning to my room as Harry has been busy this morning. I haven't seen much of Trish and her daughters today, they woke me up this morning and that was all I heard. 

I've been by myself for the whole morning and the sting of loneliness was beginning to settle in. I only know Harry has been busy because that's what Mrs. Willer told me. I circled my finger around the rim of the mug wanting some sort of noise to erupt from the mug.

"Ms. Price," Waters said coming into my room. I frowned at the name he called me, he's called me Emerald for a while. "His Royal Majesty, King Desmond is requesting your presence in his office," he said and I nodded. I stood up straightening out the clothes I was wearing and checked my hair in the mirror. 

I walked out of the room with Waters shutting the door behind me. He didn't say a word like he normally does, he usually chats away, but this time that didn't happen. I was being ignored and it made me worried about what was going to happen. It wasn't good and I gathered that. The possibilities reeled inside of my mind.

"Your Majesty," Waters said after opening King Desmond's office door. "I have Ms. Price."

"Let her in," his deep voice said, no hint of cheerfulness evident.

Slowly I walked in, I gave a low curtsey bowing my head as I walked in. He gave me a short nod before motioning to the single chair in front of his desk. Slowly, I sat down in it resting my hands in my lap. King Desmond took his glasses off and ran his hands over his face before opening a drawer beside him.

"Do you know why you're here, Ms. Price?" he asked pushing the drawer shut.

"I'm afraid not, sir," I said softly avoiding his eye contact. King Desmond nodded and pulled the drawer open once more and threw a plastic bag with an item inside of it onto his desk in front of me.

"Do you know what that is, Emerald?" he asked as I leaned forward to see a u--sed condom in the bag.

"Yes," I nodded leaning back in the chair. 

I felt sick to my stomach as I looked at it. I knew what was coming and I wasn't ready for it. I was being kicked out of the palace, that's why I haven't seen anyone today, they were all reassigned. I composed myself the best I could so I could answer him if he asked me anymore questions.

"Now," he said standing up from his desk. "It's funny because this condom could be anyone's, but the thing is this condom was found in the bedroom only my son has a key to. The bedroom that would have been the both of yours."

I looked at the ground ashamed of what I was hearing. 

"Now let me ask you again, Emerald," he said sitting in front of me on his desk. "Do you know what this is?"

"Yes," I nodded feeling the buildup of tears. "I know what that is."

"You weren't a virgin when you arrived here were you?" he asked shaking his head. 

"I was a virgin when I got here," I said looking at him. "I fell in love, what's wrong with that?"

"The fact is, Emerald, that my son is no longer a virgin," he said throwing his hands up in the air. "My son has consummated his love to someone who was not his wife. He thought he was going to marry you," he laughed shaking his head. "Not anymore."

"Your Highness—"

"You don't get to talk anymore, Emerald," he said holding his finger up. "You and my son had intercourse when it was illegal to do so. Now, I'm not going to punish you for treason, but you will be forced to leave the palace. You cannot speak to my son ever again. You can live with the fact that you ruined him and yourself."

I let out a soft sob feeling the tears overfill my eyes. I looked at my lap not being able to face the fact that I was leaving what I considered home. I was never going to feel Harry's love again.

"You will also be banned from ever being married," he said to me. "For in order for you to be married, you need the king's approval. You will never get approval from me and I doubt you would from my son. Let's face it Emerald, you've ruined yourself."

"What's so wrong with falling in love and having experiences before marriage?"

"Because Emerald, it's not what God wanted," he shook his head. "You and my son committed a sin. He will be punished by having to admit to his sins in front of our Lord and be rechristened to be forgiven of his sins. That's his punishment," he said standing up. I quickly wiped away the tears from my cheeks.

"As for you," he started making his way towards me. "Your maids are collecting your things in some luggage and you will be sent home immediately." 

I nodded not saying a single word. I was afraid if I said anything, I would burst out into loud sobs. I was already embarrassed enough about this whole situation that I didn't want to make a fool of myself even more than I already have. 

I saw King Desmond nod to Waters and before I knew it, I was being lifted out of my seat. A loud scream erupted from my chest as I cried. Everything came crashing down on me at this second. That's when the reality of me being dragged away from the life I had been living for the past several months disappeared. The tears streamed down my face as if they were a river going downstream. There was no stopping these tears. Everything that I had done here was for nothing and I was losing the best thing that has ever happened to me. I was losing the greatest adventure of my life; Harry. 

As I was taken down the stairs, I heard people running down the hallways upstairs. I assumed it was Harry and Gemma because they were the ones who were on alert the most. I saw Harry pause at the top of the staircase registering the situation in his mind with wide eyes. As soon as it clicked he began running down the stairs.

"Hey! Stop!" he yelled running towards me. Two guards ran to him grabbing him around the waist. "Emerald! Don't take her!"

"I'm ready, Harry!" I yelled hoping that would maybe make a difference. I knew it wouldn't, but it definitely made Harry push more against them.

"Let me go! This is a mistake!" Harry yelled. "Come on! I have to get her!" he yelled. 

Gemma went behind Harry and kicked the two guards in the back of the knee. Their grip on Harry released and he shot forward towards me. His hands stretched out and met my cheeks kissing my lips in a rushed manor. I cried kissed his lips. 

"I'll find you," he promised whispering against my lips, his own salty tears running down his face. "I'll always find you, Em. You are the only important thing in my life. I'm so in love with you that I won't let you go too easily. Promise me you'll do the same."

"I promise," I cried as he kissed my cheeks. "I'm not ready to say goodbye."

"I'll never say goodbye to you, Emerald. You are the love of my life," he said wiping away my tears.

"When we find each other again, just know I'm ready," I cried. "I was going to tell you today. I'm ready."

"Oh Emerald," he cried, loud hearty sobs erupted from his chest. "I don't know what I'm going to do without you," he cried. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," I whispered as the guards grabbed ahold of Harry again. 

I watched as Harry collapsed to the ground in full on sobs. He buried his face in his knees and cried. Gemma got on the ground giving Harry a big hug consoling him as I was carried out of the main entrance of the palace. This broke my heart more than anything, the last thing I saw of Harry was him sobbing on the floor. I began crying even harder as they pushed me into a car and slammed the door.

The whole ride to my mum's house I sobbed. I don't even know how I still had tears left, I feel as if I had cried my life away at this point. The absence of Harry became more prevalent as we drove further and further from the place I called home. I was going to the place I barely knew. I didn't know anyone there. I just knew my family.

The driver opened my door pulling me out of the car. The front door opened and my mum walked out with a smile on her face. I ran into her arms and cried. She rubbed my back after a few seconds because she was unsure of what was going on. As my things were dumped in the driveway she began to console me.

"Oh sweetheart," she cooed in my ear brushing her fingers through my hair. "Let's go inside."