╰☆☆ Oᖴ OᑭEᑎ ᗩᖇᗰᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᕼᗩᑎᗪᖴᑌᒪᔕ Oᖴ ᗩᗪᐯIᒪ ☆☆╮

'it doesn't hurt that much.'
'honestly, i'll be fine, i think i'm just a bit tired.'

chan was used to lying.
he didn't know why woojin brought the truth out.

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

chan groaned into his hand.

his head throbbed and he was positive he could feel the pulsations on his hands.

his skin felt warped, twisting around features and turning away from the light slowly dying in his eyes.

his body had had enough of holding dark constellations of thoughts and it was showing.

the warmth vacant in his thoughts was spreading across his forehead with a vengeance and chan could swear the sweat sliding down his slicked strands of hair were trying to douse the flames.

the laboured huffs of air pushed past his lips pained his chest, pressing his heart to his skin in a desperate bid to calm it.

his pained moans were testament to the torture he was being subjected to.

chan hated being ill.

he had awoken with a dull ache that ebbed and flowed like the tides and eyes screaming in protest of the sun.

he had sworn that he was fine but woojin had ordered full bedrest despite chan's promises and pleas to let him work, and chan was beginning to agree with woojin's motifs.

he really was feeling fine when he had got dressed for school, and even then when he was ready to leave, the pain digging through his skull had not reached its rising peak.

he hadn't noticed his symptoms until they had coming crashing down on him, wave after wave, drop after drop, to become a full blown illness.

he should have heeded woojin's warnings about going out at crazy o'clock in the morning to grab instant noodles or bringing umbrellas or maybe even a coat with him in the light torrential rain.

now chan thought about it, those notions no longer seemed as preposterous as once perceived.

he groaned loudly in frustration as the door opened.

chan hissed at the artificial light spreading across his bed and pulled the covers over his burning forehead.

they remained there, shielding his hurting eyes from the hurtful bright until a warm hand carefully pried them away from his face.

the hot hand woojin pressed against chan's skin offered no cool relief, but the love in the movement gave plenty.

woojin's palm travelled down chan's face to caress his cheek and chan whimpered into the soft touch.

"woojinnie," he croaked, "you should be at school."

woojin grinned back at the impossibly pale boy.

"and just leave you like this? you're too precious for that, channie."

the red heat returned to chan's face and neither boy could tell whether it was the fever or the words that brought the ill flush to his cheeks.

☀️

woojin had his hopes and he had his dreams, chan in most of them, and for the sake of them, he hoped it was his words that caused the dusting of rose pink across the younger's cheekbones.

woojin had seen chan break apart, break down and break open, but never had he seen the younger in such a state.

his skin often flipped directly from an alarming flush to a colourless paste.

woojin had witnessed chan's temperature reach palm-sweating highs and heart-freezing lows, all he could seem to do was hold his hand through the agonising moments of sharp head pain.

he wished he could kiss chan's pains away, hug his tears till they were dry and protect him from all the thoughts he had about himself.

but no, for now he would sit and watch, forever the supportive friend, just to stand by his side instead of wrapping his arms around it like he desperately craved to do.

for now he would sit at the side of the bed, holding the glass of water in his hand while chan sobbed in his bed.

for now he would resist the urge to wrap chan in his chest and chase the illness away.

chan rasped out for woojin as he hid in his duvet and opened his arms as a form of question.

woojin slipped into them without hesitation, intertwining his fingers with chan's hair and letting his arms share the unnatural heat of chan's skin.

🌔

chan sighed contentedly, finally able to rest in woojin's arms.

he hummed in the most relaxed manner he could muster up in his current state and sunk deeper into woojin's chest.

chan didn't notice woojin's grin but he knew that woojin was just as at home as him.

he could feel it.

at this moment, in woojin's open arms, he felt like he could say anything.

he could say his deepest, darkest secrets and he wouldn't be judged, looked down upon or thought about negatively.

at this moment, in woojin's arms, chan felt like he could tell the older everything.

and so he did.

"woojin?"

"hmm?"

"i'm gay."

🌔

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

sorry for the slightly shorter and late update! i promise i'll work harder for you guys ❤️❤️💞💞💖💖
also stream dumb litty and feel special please, both kard and twice deserve it 🥰🥰😊😊