╰☆☆ Oᖴ ᔕᗰᗩᒪᒪ ᔕᗰIᒪEᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕᕼᗩᑭᑭEᗪ ᒪIᑭᔕ ☆☆╮

it was just a smile.
why did it feel so bad?

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

chan stared intently at the yellowing paper in his hand. he hadn't acted on the invitation of a free coffee as of yet. recently his time had been taken up having awkward conversations submerged in small talk whilst trying to avoid the elder.

it hadn't worked very well and he needed to go to the coffee shop as it was to retrieve the pen he had lent changbin in their shared geography class, and why not grab a free drink while he was at it?

it wasn't because he wanted to watch his hyung without having to talk to him.

there was nothing particularly immoral about admiring pure beauty. in fact, it would be a sin not to recognise the god that just so happened to work on the other side of the coffee machines.

chan took a look at the cafe as he steered himself to walk in.

the aesthetic was comforting and homely - full of deep browns and burnt oranges. above the entrance of the shop was a sign that consisted of four letters: 'GLOW'.

chan's eyebrows furrowed together, questioning the significance off the name and if there even was any. who in their right mind named a cafe glow?

the cutout wooden letters fit the aura of the place to no limit and the round, warm cream lightbulbs added to the credibility of that.

he swallowed down another breath and gripped the long, wooden handle to push the glass doors wide enough for him to slide through.

he walked in and analysed the interior of the cafe. this would be the first time that he would stay inside and he would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous.

it agreed with the calming demeanour of the place. scents of coffee, cinnamon and various other spices drifted towards chan, extinguishing the anxiety inducing vapours from the outside world.

here was calming.

here was safe.

the leather pad of the chairs called out to him, but not as loud as the beautiful creature behind the cash machine.

"chan!"

the boy looked up in shock. he hadn't expected woojin to be so thrilled to see him, but that had to be the case; chan couldn't think of another reason as to why woojin's smile spilled across his face so giddily.

chan somehow found the emotional strength to shyly shuffle his feet to the cashier, shoes scuffing the polished floor as he walked. his hands were covered by the sleeves of the black shirt he was wearing and he fiddled with the fabric anxiously as he greeted woojin. smiling with eyes as bright as stars, woojin had invited him to sit down at a table before ordering, insisting that this was how the cafe did it.

chan, despite his speculative protests, was walked to a chair, woojin's hand guiding him by the small of his back to a luxurious, backed armchair.

although chan was slightly embarrassed at the date-like qualities this man was putting on display for him, but managed to keep it under control as he hid his blush behind his hat.