╰☆☆ Oᖴ EᗩᖇᒪY ᗷIᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᑎIGᕼT Oᗯᒪᔕ ☆☆╮

chan despised the moon, but couldn't deny the distracting aura.
he was kept up: staring, talking, hoping.

he no longer wished upon a star;
he wished upon the moon.

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

nights worth of late nights clung to chan's eyes, steady in their darkness.

the bruised skin swirled like sickening craters beneath his irises.

chan was a night owl: he functioned best when the moon was there to accompany him, often sleeping only when he knew his companion had left and swapped shifts with a brighter coworker.

this wasn't to say that he didn't like the sun, it was quite the opposite.

chan loved the sun, everything about it.

he loved the way the sun shone, seeping tendrils of soft warmth through bodies, souls and minds alike.

he loved the way the heat of the sun's rays brought joy and comfort to anything that came into contact with them.

chan loved the sun's smile.

he loved the sun's smile, lips, teeth, nose, eyes, cheeks, eyebrows, forehead, hair.

chan was beginning to find it hard to see one thing he didn't like about the sun.

his thoughts were busy as the room was brightened by woojin's presence.

it would be a lie to say that chan didn't notice, for chan was always hyper aware of where the elder was situated in a room.

even if woojin was hidden in chan's peripheral vision, he was always in the front and center of chan's mind.

woojin was always soaking up chan's attention, leaving him stuttering and zoned out with so much as a comforting smile in his direction.

chan's head laid lamely in his hand as he attempted to disguise how his eyes followed woojin around the house.

he sighed and laid his burning head on the cool kitchen surface.

maybe if he spent more time with the sun he'd be used to the heat covering his face.

☀️

early mornings brightened woojin's face, leaving his skin clear and sparkling.

the happiness radiated off him in waves as he took his last shower of the week, vocals chords being expertly strummed to the tune of smile flower.

the warm water spilled slowly down his tan skin and his voice rose in volume, accompanied by the soft pit-a-pat of the shower floor.

as woojin scrubbed conditioner into his hair, he thought back to all the mornings he had spent like this one.

getting up at 5:30; checking on chan; having a shower; getting dressed; checking on chan again; making breakfast for the both of them; thinking about chan and did he mention checking on chan?