╰☆☆ Oᖴ ᔕᑌᑭEᖇᑎOᐯᗩᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗷᒪᗩᑕK ᕼOᒪEᔕ ☆☆╮

stars are beautiful creations.
they burn up to ten time brighter before they die.

chan enjoyed the thought.
it was like a final wish.

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

chan's smile had grown over the past few weeks.

woojin's had accompanied his.

chan had always believed that woojin was the brightest star in the galaxy, shining for longer, working harder.

now that chan had been a witness to a flaw in woojin's personality, he appreciated the effort much more than before.

he now took time out of his day to notice how woojin's mood fluctuated: he watched as the elder's smile faltered ever so slightly before flaring up in an intimidating beauty.

chan watched as woojin didn't let anyone understand why he was quieter one day than he was the next, and still do it with a smile.

chan watched as woojin grew from his bad days, instead of letting them break him down into a nervous wreck.

chan watched and chan vowed that he would do the same.

he vowed that every time his smile halted in its tracks, he'd smile twice as bright to make up for it.

he vowed that every time he felt down, he'd deal with it himself, in a sensible manner, instead of resorting to leaning on cold metal.

he vowed that he would never let a bad day break him, opting instead to let it build him up, higher than before.

chan had promised himself that every smile he would smile from that day would be genuine, would be honest, would be for woojin.

would be for woojin and-

no. he couldn't rely on that anymore.

he had never known her, although he was sure that she was lovely.

chan was beginning to realise that he had to stop relying on stars long gone.

she could have had such a massive impact on his life: staying, nurturing, loving.

but it was not to be. like many things life had to offer, she had been snatched away from him too early.

before she could reach her full potential, she had collapsed in on herself, exploding into a state of supernova before collapsing into a black hole, taking everything chan knew with her.

☀️

woojin had noticed chan grinning lately.

his breaths had often stuttered as he laughed hard enough to hurt and giggled long enough to cry.

they had had fun as just the two of them and they had fun as a group of 9, each dependent on each other in their own semi functional manner.

chan had become brighter and woojin had noticed him shining stronger.

he grinned with more enthusiasm and his happiness was beginning to shine through, small tendrils of lukewarm light lifting his lips into a smile larger than woojin had ever witnessed on chan previously.

woojin had notice chan biting his lips to hide a frown, which he was almost proud of.

chan had realised that his frowns were the reason for their friend's salty tears and was trying his hardest to change that. honestly, woojin was trying his hardest to not feel a small spark of pride at this fact.

who was the one there to hug chan at every given opportunity?

who was the one to keep the small, unloving blade from his skin?

who was the one to hold chan on the few occasions that he had cried to himself at night?

woojin.

woojin had done all of these: he had been there for chan through thick, thin and everything in between.

they had only known each other for not long over three months now, but it felt as if they had known each other for far longer.

the fact that they had immediately opened their hearts, souls and secrets to each other almost put a fast forward on their relationship, allowing it to evolve from a vaguely platonic emotion to a firing, all-raging attachment.

woojin would be there for chan.

forever and always.

maybe that was why he so selfishly took the credit for making the moon shine again.

🌓

should i make this angsty or not?

i was gonna start monday updates next week but it was felix's, jae's and jisung's birthday plus the seventeen comeback today so i thought i'd gove you guys some content, no matter how short or bad it may be.