╰☆☆ Oᖴ ᗰᗩᗪᑎEᔕᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕᗩᖴᖴEIᑎE ☆☆╮

coffee has always been his saviour.
it was there when no one else was and eased his lonely nights.

what more could he ask for?

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

chan's eyes burned. they were swollen and irritated, almost beyond repair, but he couldn't bring himself to care.

there was a permanent solution and an extremely short, temporary one.

the long lasting one was far from his reach at, he checked his phone, 14:38.

coffee it was. he began his trek to the other room, not before stumbling on his blanket (it was in his way, not sleep deprivation, he swears) and wrapping it firmly around his shoulders so as not to leave stains from his subpar cleaning of the peeling floor.

as he opened the cupboard door, it knocked the corner of his head and he swore quietly, although there was no one to hear it.

no one to hear him.

chan reached his hand up and clumsily manoeuvred it around the desolate space inside. his hand hit the back of the wall just before he grabbed ahold of the plastic instant coffee container.

he huffed a short sigh of relief - for a short minute he thought he'd run out of coffee. he really couldn't deal with leaving the house to get more. not today. he wasn't feeling up to the whole functioning business right now.

his hands shook as he tried to undo the lid. the small muscle spasms in his hands had nothing to do with the jar not opening. that was the case's fault.

"stupid fucking case" he muttered aggressively. chan glared at the plastic for a good 3 minutes as he felt the will to make coffee drip from his consciousness.

he couldn't even make coffee. how disappointing.

before realising what he was doing, chan's arm had extended to throw the coffee container on the floor. the contents spread every way imaginable, the unshakable cover rolling into the other room.

that was it. that was the last straw.

chan couldn't do this anymore. he reached for his phone and dialled the only number he knew he could.

🌑

woojin untied his apron and smiled in a means of departing as he hung it up on its peg. he nodded to his coworkers and shook hands with them as he strolled happily out of the back room. he heard a ringtone and checked that his phone was on silent before looking out for the culprit. it was changbin, his cheeks flushing an embarrassed red as he left the desk to take it, face paling as he walked. comforting sounds and coos could be heard from where he was standing.

then there was cussing, a steady flow of it, followed by an explanation that he had just started his shift and couldn't leave now.

he froze for a second before catching woojin's eye.

"chan, don't hate me. i figured out a way to help."

he hung up rather abruptly and walked over to woojin, handing him some crumpled money and making a quick coffee to go.

"now, i know that we haven't known each other long but someone i know desperately needs you. please take this to them. it's a 10 minute walk and you can come right back if you feel uncomfortable," changbin promised woojin, words slightly distorted due to the sharpie lid between his teeth.