╰☆☆ Oᖴ ᗷᑌᑎᗪᒪEᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗷᗩᖇE ᖇOOᗰᔕ ☆☆╮

chan watched as his lifetime was stuffed into two little boxes.

he was leaving the only home he knew.
he vaguely wondered why he wasn't sad.

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

chan closed the door behind him, excited to curl up in his blanket with some coffee when he heard a knock on the door.

he turned and sighed. he didn't think that they'd be here already. he thought he'd have enough time to dig up all the old memories he had buried between the cracks in this apartment.

chan worked up to the door and was surprised. it wasn't just woojin, like he hoped it would be. there stood minho, jisung, felix and jeongin, all huddled behind the embodiment of sunshine.

"hey hyung!" felix grinned, trying to keep up with the act of normalcy they all had going on. "we thought you'd want help packing so we all came round! seungmin, hyunjin and changbin are busy but they said they'd be round sooner or later."

chan suffered through a smile as welcomed them in, trying to see his apartment from someone else's eyes for the first time.

cracks weaved through walls, breaking through various stains and discolourations to reveal the dark substance behind the paint that is rarely acquainted with any light source.

he watched as jisung carefully avoided the odd pool of unidentifiable liquid on the floor, or drops from overhead and nearly laughed when minho attempted to open the window, only for the rusting handle to break off in his hands.

chan was embarrassed of the two room apartment he owned.

he had never allowed his friends to pay a social call for a reason.

he didn't want them to notice the pipes that ran across the underside of the ceiling.

he didn't want them to see the cracks in the walls, the cracks in his facade.

not that it mattered anymore. they had seen the cracks in his mask and torn it to pieces, leaving them to deal with the dark mess found beneath.

he sighed. he was really leaving these rooms, the rooms that he had lived in all his life, to go to live with someone he'd only met a month ago.

life really is like that sometimes.

a warm presence by his side was enough to pull him away from his troubling thoughts.

minho placed his hand in chan's arm and let chan guide him to the other room. this was where chan slept, the kitchen was and where he stored the majority of his belongings.

minho grimaced.

"this is... cosy?" he spoke, clearly unsure of the vocabulary that he was using.

chan laughed and patted minho's back.

"don't worry, i know it's a shit hole." he grinned, "let's get my clothes."

minho giggled along with him and whipped out a multitude of folded square fabric from his back pocket, presenting them with a flourish not unlike a magician's.