Chapter 15: Fea'mir

Ellenwen forged through warm soiled valleys and steep mountain peaks as she led her people to safety, however, with the terrain becoming more difficult so did those that followed. With fueled aggravation and shortened tempers spreading the journey back to Skyhold was trying to say the least. Not only was the trip taking much longer, but had also been more troublesome. Between lack of security and dealing with consistent complaints from the people everyone was constantly busy, leaving no time for Fenris and Ellen to be alone. They would try to sneak off together, hoping to find a moment's peace, but they were always interrupted, leaving Fenris in a dire state of uncomfortable tension. With each day that passed that tension grew and started to consume his every thought. He found himself watching her from across camp, studying how she moved, how she spoke. Every gesture she made would elicit a carnal thought and begin to fuel a primal response, but he refrained.

Ellenwen knew when he was watching her, she sensed it, his eyes locked on her like a wolf stalking its prey. She relished in his admiration of her, so she made somewhat of a game out of it, something to entice him further, to see how strong his will truly was. She would loosen the laces of her tunic before strategically leaning forward to take something from him or pick something up she happened to drop, allowing him to see just enough of the soft pillowy contours of her breasts. She could see how the small act would drive him mad with desire. The ache of denied longing had been growing steadily for days, and with each little display she teased was pushing him closer to the brink.

"There's the typical Moody Broody face I know and love." Dorian said, plopping down next to him by the fire.

Fenris rolled his eyes, "I am not in the mood for you mage." He growled.

Dorian shot him a sly smirk. "Oh, I know exactly what you're in the mood for Moody Broody." Dorian teased, following Fenris' gaze toward Ellenwen as she healed an elders blistered and aching feet. "I know you two are in the early stages of your relationship were the need to copulate as frequently as breathing feels necessary. I'm here to tell you Moody Broody that there is no need to fear, this too shall pass. Soon we'll be back in Skyhold and you two can lose yourselves in the mighty throws of consolidation once again." Dorian cheered, looking back to Fenris.

Fenris glowered at him. "One of these days mage, I will not hesitate to punch you in that smug mouth of yours." To avoid a scene he stood and made his way towards Ellen.

Dorian laughed, calling out to him. "It's okay Moody Broody I forgive you, I know you are not yourself."

Once Fenris reached Ellenwen he paused, staring down at her back, unsure of what to say. He didn't know what to do once he was there he just wanted, needed, to be close to her. Ellenwen smiled to the elder as she finished. "Apply the elfroot salve every night and you should be fine." He returned her smile when she stood and turned around, crashing into Fenris. The momentum of her weight colliding into him caused him to lose his footing. He stepped back to gain stability when his heel snagged on a tree root, causing them to fall. He wrapped his arms around her as they fell, taking most of the impact. With a brief moment to collect herself she looked at him with shock. "I'm so sorry Fenris I didn't...Are you all right?"

"I am fine." He grunted, however he was anything but. She was on top of him and he could feel every covered curve spreading warmth through him. His resolve was withering tremendously, as the dull ache in his stomach began to grow, so was his frustration.

Dorian walked over, helping them to their feet with a sigh. "I said to wait till we reach Skyhold, not go and make a scene or faking injury to have time alone with her."

Ellen looked at Dorian with a puzzled look. "Fake injury? Dorian I very much fell on him, that does not look like a face enduring fake pain, something is wrong." She said, looking back to Fenris with concern.