[ s i x t y - o n e ]

Cait's POV

I knew Harry was home because I heard his car pull up, the heavy sound of his Range Rover engine cutting as he pulled up.

I watched out the kitchen window as he got out, jostling his keys and adjusting his beanie before opening the boot up and taking out his suitcase.

As he slammed the boot door shut he pressed the button to shut the electronic gate, I always teased him for how flashy he was for having a gate that opened by button.

I smile faintly remembering how annoyed he got at me for calling him flashy, it ended in us both making out for a long time after.

The slam of the front door brought me out of my daze. I didn't move from the kitchen sink, still staring straight ahead.

"Baby," He spoke sweetly, immediately wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing my cheek.

He steps away grabbing a fresh banana I bought this morning from the fruit bowl.

"How were your grandparents?" I ask resuming to washing the mug I'd been holding for the past 5 minutes.

"I didn't go see them in the end."

"No?" I turn to look at him placing the mug down. "Found someone better to spend your time with?"

"Are you talking about Ellis?" He sighs, hands running through his hair.

"You flew to see her. Flew."

"Yeah, I did."

"Do you know how it makes me feel?" I ask holding up my fingers,"This big Harry."

"How? I didn't do anything wrong?"

I scoff.

"I simply went to see my friend."

"Flew to see your friend. Would you fly to see me?"

"You're making it into a big deal," He sang patronisingly. "I'd fly anywhere to see you and you know it."

"People on twitter were saying, 'how come Harry flies to this Ellis girl but not Cait?'"

"I spent nearly 3 weeks with you, get a grip!"

I'm stunned into silence returning to the dishes. "Okay," I say softly.

"Cait-"

"Did you kiss her?"

"Cait why-"

"Did you? is she better than me? did you please her, or is she harder to please than little inexperienced me? Hmm?"

"Cait you're being ridiculous. Ellis and I are good friends. I flew there, we got lunch, strolled through the park that's it,end of."

"And I should believe you?"

I'd given up with the dishes.

He looked shocked and confused, and almost hurt by my question.

"Of course you should believe me, why would.. why would I lie to you?"

"I don't know Harry, I really don't."

"You don't believe me?"

I shrug. "I don't.. I'm sick of this constant up hill battle, there's always something in the way, always someone ruining us. I want to just be with you and not have the constant shit and pictures and tweets. These three weeks were supposed to be about us and.. nearly half of it we were arguing. How.. how does it get so hard? When does it get easy?"

He plays with his lip. "I guess it doesn't,"

I cross my leg over the other, both of my arms crossed. "I.. I don't know how much more i can take,"

"What are you saying?" He asks quietly.

"I'm saying, maybe, maybe if it doesn't get easier..we'll never work."