[ n i n e ]

Harry's POV.

My head was a little in the clouds the following week at tour rehearsals. I hadn't heard from Cait in 6 days and I was worried as to why not. I wanted to ask Louis if something was up, but I knew he'd get suspicious.

Me: Hey Cait, you okay?

No reply. I'd text her every morning to see if I'd get a reply and every morning I didn't. I watched Louis as he walked into rehearsal to see if his behaviour was any different but it wasn't, he was fine, there was no sign of worry on his face or anything.

"How's Cait?" Zayn asked later on in the day when we were having lunch. I was thankful Zayn asked, I knew if I did they'd say things.

"She okay." Louis smiled. It was genuine, not a cover up. I can see through his fake smiles but this wasn't fake at all.

She just won't talk to me then?

"What's she up to today?" Liam asked.

Louis shrugged. "She's been in bed past couple days, I invited her down here though."

We rehearsed for a good few hours after that, taking another break we heard the door across the room open and close. We all looked over, in came Cait. She had a small smile and gave a shy wave.

"Cait!" Louis beamed throwing his arms around her shoulders and walking her over to us.

"Niall, Zayn, Liam and you know Harry." Louis said casually. I saw the slight blush on her cheeks, only a slight blush.

She sat down careful not to disturb anyone, the guys carried on talking, I however could only watch Cait. She didn't have the same sort of fire in her as before. She looked tired.

But hadn't Louis said she'd been in bed? Was she sick?

She almost looked uncomfortable, like she wanted to be anywhere but here.

I poked her playfully only earning a small smile before she shifted away. Huh? Strange?

- - - -

"You okay?" I had followed Cait out when she said she was going to walk to the local shop.

"Yes thank you." She smiled awkwardly.

I walk beside her in silence.

"What have you been up to?" I ask awkwardly.

She shrugs. "Reading."

"Just reading?"

"Yes."

I couldn't take the awkwardness and her being so off with me any longer.

"Have I done something Cait?"

She looks at me weird before looking back at the road, she turns right - away from the direction of the shop and into a small park.

She sits down on a bench, I wasn't sure whether to sit beside her as she didn't reply but when she looks at me expectantly I sit down quickly.

"I'm sorry if you think I've been.. off. Or if I've been ignoring you. The truth is.. I have." She sighs. "I'm a terrible person."

I nudge her. "You're not terrible. Why have you been ignoring me?"

"I guess I was a little overwhelmed with the time we've spent together. I don't have friends so for someone to want to spend time with me and have a friendship with.. I'm still figuring it all out."

I didn't know what to say.

"I don't mind being here whilst you figure it all out."

Cait smiles at me and I swear it was the best thing I'd seen all year.