[ t h i r t y - s i x ]

Cait's POV.

I was so nervous, and from the looks of it I wasn't the only girl who was given a card. There must have been at least a hundred girls here from the age of 18 to 23 maybe older.

I didn't fit in, the other girls all had these slim physiques and perfected pouts. I however have only just learnt how to pout.

Me: At the audition. Wish me luck, 100s of pretty girls here.. X

Harry: All the luck, all the love. 100s of girls but they don't come close to you .xxx

Me: You know how to make a girl blush. xx

I put my phone away as my name was called. I headed into a small room, there was a desk with 3 judges, one being Catherine who gave me a small smile when she saw me walk in.

The other two I had no idea who they were. A man set up a camera and asked me to stand on the large F.M on the floor.

"Hi, Cait?" The lady sat in the middle asked. She looked a bit intimidating dressed in all black apart from her heels, they were red. She also wore bright red lipstick, her hair wrapped in what looked like a painfully tight bun. She had cat eye shaped glasses on, her wing eyeliner so perfect I wanted to bow down to whoever has done that for her, she striked me as a person who doesn't do her own winged eyeliner.

"Yes, I'm Cait." I replied politely.

"I'm Lavine Sharonette. Owner and executive editor of Ford Models and Ford Models magazine. You might have picked up a copy before or have a subscription?" Her posh London accent made me almost cringe. Do people actually speak like this in real life? Obviously so..

"I er, I don't read magazines."

She raised an eyebrow. "You don't?"

I shook my head. "Nine times out of ten there's gossip in there about celebrities and I don't feel I need to infiltrate my life with gossip. I don't revolve around gossip. Or celebrities."

"My dear, Ford Models magazine isn't gossip. It's the pinnacle of all fashion magazines. It rivals with Vogue, Elle. You know those?"

I nod. "I've seen Vogue here and there."

"What do you read Cait?"

"Literature. Romance. I have an English Degree so any book is good enough for me."

"Smart and pretty." Lavine mocks to Catherine who is sat beside her. "Take her through what she has to do." Lavine waved off the man beside her. He was in a massively low cut top, the V neck cut almost reaching his ridiculously huge Moschino belt.

"Okay, your audition is recorded-"

"That wasn't my audition?" I ask pointing to Lavine who was quietly talking with Catherine.

He laughs. "No, that was just her being.. her."

"Oh."

"Okay so for the audition you need to tell us your name,age,height,waist size,bust size and shoe size."

My cats full name too? I thought sarcastically.

"I don't know my waist size."

He shrugs. "Make it up." He adjusts the camera height. "Also, your eye colour and hair colour."

I frown. "If it's on camera can't they just see what my hair and eye colour is?"

He shrugs again. I have a feeling he just does what Lavine tells him to. "Audition rules." He admits before sitting down next to Lavine who quickly turns to me.

"Begin." She says, the green light coming on on the camera.

"Cait Johannah Tomlinson." I start. "Twenty One years old, Five foot nine, waist size thirty..six, bust size thirty, shoe size seven." I finish confidently before a red light appears on the camera.

"End." Lavine speaks again. "Okay Cait. Speak soon. Ciao."

And that was the end of my first modelling audition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"How did it go?" Harry had rang me the second I text him that I had finished.

"I am not cut out for the fashion world."

"What happened?"

"Some Lavine woman-"

"Lavine Sharonette?" He cuts in.

"Yeah." I say laying on my bed.

"I sat next to her at fashion week last year."

I roll my eyes. "Of course you did." I tease. "Anyway, she was really.. bold and off. I don't think she liked me."

"She is a strange character babe. Why don't you think she liked you?" I sigh looking up at my ceiling.

"She asked me if I read her magazine. I said I only read literature as gossip doesn't interest me."

"You're only being truthful. I respect that completely." I smiled at Harry's sweet words. "I'm glad you stayed true to yourself and your books. If she doesn't see your beauty, her loss."

"I wish you were here. I'm just laying on my bed unsure with what to do with myself."

"Have a bath?"

"Yeah, I might. How was the show last night?" I ask changing the subject.

"Out of this world. I'm home in 5 days."

"Then I can cuddle you?"

"All night,"

"And the next morning?"

I heard him chuckle through the phone. "And the next morning."

I sigh happily this time. "5 days." I repeat.

And like that I fell asleep on the phone to Harry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Incoming call: Unknown.

This is what I was rudely woken up to. I yawned, stretched and picked up my phone.

"Hello?" I speak sleep still evident in my voice.

"Cait? Hi it's Catherine." I sit up straight fully listening now.

"Oh, hi Catherine."

"I was just calling to inform you that Lavine loved you. She wants you to come back for a campaign she's doing for next months issue alongside other models."

"What? um, I'm sorry I mean.. what?"

She laughed. "Lavine liked you. She wants to see you at a casting on Friday same place, same time."

I swallow. "She seemed to hate me."

"Oh she didn't. That's Lavine for you. She doesn't show any emotion."

She seemed to be a robot.

"Oh, well. Okay. See you friday?"

"You will. And remember, plain black. Ciao."

"B-bye."

Me: I actually got it. Lavine liked me. I'm going to a modelling casting.. ME

I text it to both Lottie and Harry.

Harry: Knew you would. You're going to be my super hot supermodel girlfriend that all the boys want. All the love .xxxx

Lottie: YAAAS! OMG. HELLO NEXT CARA DELEVINGNE!!!!!

I smiled at her response standing up to analyse myself in the mirror. "Hello, I'm Cait Tomlinson and I'm going to model." I say to myself a genuine smile on my face.