[ f o r t y - s ix ]

Cait's POV.

I wanted to ignore my phone ringing but I knew I couldn't, I knew if I even attempted to ignore Harry he'd do something about it.

I was still in my room, still hiding from the world, it had only been 4 days since Harry left - he'd rang every morning and night without fail, check up on me - he said he was only ringing his beautiful girlfriend but I knew he was checking in - still wanting to know if I was still crazy.

The answer is yes.

Since he left 4 days ago I've eaten 1 bowl of cereal and a yoghurt. I wasn't hungry, I was empty - and I liked it, feeling empty. Why would anyone want to feel full?

Feeling empty helped me cope, I was empty of emotions and feelings, there was nothing left in me, or of me.

I just want to disappear. I hadn't tweeted or Instagrammed, or texted anyone back. I guess if people cared enough they'd ask Harry how I was.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby,"

My heart warmed at his voice instantly. "Hi,"

"How are you?"

"Fine,"

He sighed. "Good,"

"How's Germany?"

"Denmark. I'm in Denmark babe."

"Oh,"

"Denmark's cool. Not here for long."

"Yeah,"

He sighs again. "What are you doing?" He asks, knowing the answer already.

"I'm in bed."

He's silent.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Just at lunch with Lou and Cal."

"Oh,"

"Have you eaten today?"

I'm quiet. "Yes." I lie.

"You haven't, have you?"

"You don't need to baby me. I'm big enough to feed myself Harry."

"Okay,okay." He soothes, he hates arguing over the phone. "You fly to Paris tomorrow." He reminds me, his voice excited.

"Oh, yeah." I look over at my open empty suitcase and look away quickly.

"Aren't you excited?"

"I guess."

"Baby you're being really short with me, I can't.. I can't talk to you."

"What do you want me to do Harry?"

He sighs. "Nothing. Excited to see me tomorrow?"

I'm silent.

"Cait?"

"Yeah?"

"Tomorrow. You get to see me."

"Yeah. I know."

"You don't want to?"

"Of course I want to see you Harry."

"You just don't sound like you care, at all."

"I do, I just.. The fans."

"They won't see us."

"And if they do?"

"They won't. I'll make sure I get to spend private time with you, change your hotel or something."

"Okay."

"I've got to go now Cait. See you tomorrow, don't forget to pack."

How did he know I haven't packed yet?

"I won't. Bye Harry,"

"Love you," He waited, waited for me to say it back.

"Love you too, always."

"Always."

I sigh ending the call looking at my wallpaper of the two of us. I traced my fingers over his face, his dazzling smile and ridiculous dimples, "Always." I whispered.