[ f i f t y - s i x ]

Cait's POV

"Man I've missed LA." I smile sipping my tea as I sat on the balcony looking out. It was 11am, but I hadn't decided to get ready yet. Harry and I were on our third day in LA already.

"Me too," Harry says walking out adjusting his shirt. "I look okay?"

I frown. "Yeah.. do we have plans..?"

He shakes his head. "I'm going out with Cal."

"Oh," I smile disappointed. Harry didn't notice walking back inside looking for his keys. He'd gone out yesterday with Cal and friends too.

"I don't know when I'll be back, we'll probably chill at his and go out for food. I'll text you when I'm on my way back, okay?"

I nod silently.

"Love you," He kisses my lips as a car horn beeps. "That's him, see you later."

I watch him leave without looking back once. "Yeah, later." I whisper a sad frown on my face.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'd not done much with my day, I'd ventured out to to get lunch and decided I'd cook Harry and I a nice meal later, I love being at Harry's actual house. It means privacy and cooking and not ordering room service every night.

By 5:30, I hadn't heard anything from Harry. I know he said he'd text when he'd be back but, I just wanted to speak to him.

Me: Hey, making food now.. when will you be home(roughly)?😊 love you xx

I didn't get a reply and my stomach was rumbling making strange noises.

"Fine." I sigh sick of the sight of my laptop screen.

I stand up stretching before heading into the kitchen. I start the food setting the table out nice, I'd managed to find some candles and some wine glasses which I was surprised Harry would own.

I even found a nice dress and some heels to put on, treating this more like a date than a simple meal.

By 7 the food was ready and set on the table, it looked really romantic. I took a photo and sent it to Harry.

Me: Food is ready, how long? :) xx

By 7:45, I was frustrated. I'd only had half of my plate no where near as hungry as I thought I was.

It was 8:30 when the tears finally slipped down my cheeks, no texts or call - nothing. I guess it is my fault as he did say he'd let me know but.. I didn't think he'd be gone this long.

At 9:15 I stood up, taking both plates to the bin and began scraping them in.

That's when I heard the from door open.

I didn't look up, quickly composing myself as I wiped my tears quickly with the back of my hands as I continued to scrape the food into the bin.

"Hey babe-"

He stopped when he saw the scene in front of him, the candlelit dinner, me in a dress and heels, the soft music in the background.

"Babe?" He spoke softly.

I sniffled shaking my head placing the plates in the dishwasher.

I heard him walk over to me but I didn't turn. Instead I washed the cutlery before heading for the stairs.

"Cait-"

"No Harry, no." I say finally meeting his eyes. "Just, don't okay?"

"I'm sorry-"

"For what?" I scoff. "You told me you'd let me know when you were coming home and I for some reason thought i'd do this. The only person who is sorry is me, I'm the fool."

With that I left heading upstairs to change out of my ridiculous outfit. I shake my head taking off my heels, why did I bother?

Once I was in my pyjamas i lay in bed not doing anything but looking out of the window, silence surrounding me.

Harry came in around half an hour later.

"Cait?"

"Hmm?"

He exhales sitting on the bed. "I'm sorry,"

I'm silent.

"I just,"

"It's fine," I whisper.

"It's not because it's obviously upset you."

I shrug a little.

"Don't, don't just shrug me off Cait."

"What like you do?" I retaliate.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Even though I couldn't see him, I knew he was frowning.

"We've been in LA 3 days and you've spent 1 day with me." I sit up and look at him now standing tugging at his hair.

"What do you want me to do? Lock myself away in here and stay with you? We spent the entire week together in New York."

This made me angry.

"No, of course not! But I don't expect to be just.. left."

He scoffs. "This is my home, I don't see LA as a holiday, it's a place I live - I don't come here to explore."

"Three whole weeks together you said, remember?"

He rolled his eyes. "So I can't go out with friends now?"

I lay back down too tired to argue, he didn't get it and I don't think he was ever going to. "Do you what you want Harry, I don't care."

"Good," I hear him moving around behind me. "You won't care that I'm not staying here tonight then."

"Good, don't expect me here when you return,"

He stopped at the bedroom door but shook his head opening it and slamming behind him, he and I both knew I wouldn't leave.

I sighed angry at myself grabbing my phone, I was too annoyed to text him yet, I didn't need to apologise.

I was about to turn my phone off when my phone beeped with a message.

Matty: Hey stranger, a birdy told me you're in LA? Me too, when are you free?

If Harry can do what he wants, why the hell can't i?