[ f i f t y - e i g h t ]

A/N: didn't get to 40k reads but 39.4k is enough I guess

Cait's POV

It had been 2 days since I left LA. The second I landed Gemma was waiting to take me back to her place. I was thankful for her at this time.

I didn't know where Harry and I stood right now, I don't know if we were still together, broken up or on a break? I mean we never officially broke up but what if he thinks we have?

I'd spent the 2 days crying and lying around in Gemma's spare bed. She was great, she'd bring me food, sit with me and not once ask anything about Harry, she waited for me to tell her.

I tried to get in touch with Louis but his phone was always off, when I went round to his place no one answered.

He was either avoiding me or I was unfortunate with my timing.

I'm not guessing it's the latter.

Today was particularly melancholy, it was sunday, raining and Gemma had finally gone out after I repeatedly told her she wasn't my babysitter.

"Hello?" I sigh answering my mums phone call. I knew she knew, and I'd been avoiding her but I was sick of her constantly trying to get in touch.

"Cait, why have you been avoiding me?"

"I haven't," I sigh laying in bed. "I've just been.. busy."

"Lottie told me,"

Of course she had. Note to self: kill lottie.

"Told you what?"

"That you're back in london, you and Harry broke up."

"We haven't broken up, it's just a rough patch."

"How are you feeling?"

"I've felt better, my twin doesn't even care."

"What's going on with you and Louis?" It reminded me of when I was younger, when Louis and I would fight. Mum would come and try and play peacemaker, find out why we were fighting.

"He's just avoiding me. He has been since finding out about Harry and i, and he's moved in with Eleanor. Thanks for telling me by the way."

"He wanted to tell you in person,"

"Bullshit," I mumble.

"Cait, language."

"Is that it mum?" I ask bored of this conversation.

"I.. I guess." Her voice was stunned.

I instantly feel bad for being rude.

"Okay," I reply softly. "Speak soon, love you."

Before she could reply I hang up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had spent the evening watching soppy love movies crying my heart out at the fact I would never have what they have, I'd never have a Leonardo or a Channing.

It was around 7:30, I was making myself some boring pasta when the doorbell rang, it was still grey and throwing it down outside.

I open the door to a huge bouquet of white roses being held up, I frown looking down to find the legs of a man I couldn't not know in his familiar mustard coloured boots.

"You know I hate those damn boots," I sigh crossing my arms and leaning against the door.

Harry lowers the flowers slowly. "They were the closest to the door - I was in a rush."

I smile slightly the rain cascading down his face, falling from his lips. The lips I once kissed so tenderly. "What are you doing here Harry?"

He swallows. "I'm here to apologise. I've been such an awful boyfriend. When I realised you'd actually come home I panicked, the thought of actually potentially not having you in my life was terrifying. I love you, so much and it took that to make me realise how lucky I well and truly am. I love you, I love you, I love you."

I opened the door wider allowing him to come in, I kind of felt bad for him standing in the rain - even if he did deserve it.

He places the roses down before following me to the livingroom.

"I'm sorry too, I guess..i wanted you to myself and I can't just expect you to spend all day everyday with me."

He takes my hand looking at me. "I want to spend all day, every day with you."

"We can't keep falling out and making up, it's making me tired Harry," I sigh taking my hand out of his and rubbing my eyes. "So tired,"

"Are you tired of me?" He asks sounding vulnerable, scared of my answer.

"How could I ever be tired of you?" I smile softly, our eyes meeting. I wasn't sure how I was feeling in that exact moment so I look away.

"What can I do? what can I do to make this better. Make us better?"

I shake my head. "I don't think there's something you can do, we just have to give ourselves time, okay?"

"Are we.. are we okay?" He asks quietly,biting his lower lip.

"It's going to take more than showing up in the pouring rain, declaring your love and bringing me roses to win me over but, you're half way there." I smile pecking his lips.

"I'll do whatever it takes to get us back on track." He promises.

"I know,"

"Come.. come to Holmes Chapel with me,"

"What?"

"To my parents, spend time where I'm the most happiest, where you'll get to see the real Harry."

I nod. "One condition," I hold up my finger.

He frowns, "What?"

"I want pancakes, every morning, without fail." I smirk.

He laughs, the worry leaving his face immediately. "Done deal,"