[ f i f t y - n i n e ]

Cait's POV

"Your hair, and those bloody boots!" Were the first words Anne spoke when she opened the door to us.

"Great to see you too mum." Harry laughed hugging her and kissing her cheek. He walked on in allowing me to hug Anne.

"How are you sweet pea?" She asked gently.

"I'm good,"

"I spoke with your mother."

Of course she did.

"She told me what happened, are you sure-"

"We're fine mum, leave her alone." Harry sighed.

She hugged me again muttering 'let me know if you need anything' into my ear before letting me go and shutting the door behind me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"How was New York?" Anne asked as we all sat in the kitchen drinking tea.

"Amazing, I've never been so to be able to go and explore.. I loved it."

We spoke for around 2 hours, Harry and Anne catching up, Anne would tell Harry about someone doing something and then fill me in on who they were.

"Do you know if Ellis is home?" Harry asked, I instantly remembered who Ellis was, and had a flashback to Glasgow.

"She won't be home from uni for a while,"

"Oh." Harry frowned disappointed.

Anne looked from him to me. "You've got Cait here anyway, show her around."

I don't look up, I continue to pretend my tea was interesting.

"Yeah, I just.. I like to see Ellis when I'm home, we always hang out."

I wanted to sigh loudly, scream 'you're doing it again' but I don't because I know he doesn't mean any harm by it. Ellis is his childhood friend, he simply wants to see her before his life gets hectic again.

Just as Harry was about to speak again my phone begins to ring. I apologise as Anne waves me off to answer it, Harry looks at me questioningly as I look at who's calling.

'Catherine' I mouth to him as I leave the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Cait darling, hi!"

"Hi Catherine."

"How are you? Hows your holiday?"

"I'm good, it's been great.. thank you."

"Now I know I agreed to 3 weeks off but that doesn't go, you need to be in London by thursday."

"But thats.. thats in 4 days-"

"I know, I've got you in for a shoot you simply cannot turn down, it'll be a career changer, what your life depends on."

"Can't you postpone?"

"No, that doesn't go, you need to be here.. simple."

"Oh, oh kay, um. I'll.. I'll find out train times."

"Excellent. Ciao."

"Everything alright?" Harry asks kissing my cheek as I sit back down, Anne had disappeared somewhere.

"I've got to be in London by Thursday."

"But that's-"

"I know," I frown. "That gives us four days together."

"Can't you not go?"

I shake my head. "Big shoot apparently." I sigh drinking my tea wincing at the now cold liquid.

"Oh, I guess 4 days will have to do,"

"Unless you come back to London with me? I mean you're coming back on Saturday anyway.."

He sighs, "I think I'll stay with my family.. if that's okay."

I kiss his lips. "Of course,"

I had a sad sinking feeling for the rest of the day and night. I knew that after these four days I'd have Saturday night and Sunday with Harry before he was off again, this time to America - for a lot longer.

There was one question in my mind, could my heart take it this time round?