forty five

"you know i love phone calls with you, right?"

harry furrowed his eyebrows, snuggling closer to louis on his small bed. louis ran his fingers through the mess of curls on his head, humming little random songs as he let harry think of his response.

harry lifted his head so he was looking into louis' brilliant blue eyes. "why?"

louis sighed, a happy, sweet sigh where you could hear a hint of his voice, and his lips were turned up into a small smile. harry wanted to reach up and brush the back of his knuckles along louis' soft skin, against his perfect cheekbones and his stupid, adorable little nose. he watched the way louis looked into the sky, as if something on the ceiling interested him, but harry knew it was because louis had a habit of staring into the air when he was thinking. he was biting his lip and then licking it, an action that always made harry's heart speed up.

"angel, there's a lot of reasons why i love phone calls with you." louis circled his arm tighter around harry's waist, his fingertips brushing harry's bare hip. they were both shirtless, dark red sweatpants on louis' legs and grey ones on harry's.

"what's one?" harry liked to bury his face into louis' chest, because he radiated warmth. louis claimed that he was a heater, but that didn't make sense when he was so cold all the time.

louis let out a tiny, sweet chuckle. "well, one reason is that i can focus on just your voice, and i love your voice. it's low and slow and soothing and i could fall asleep to your voice, it's so beautiful, harry."

harry blushed, his cheeks heating up. he usually hated compliments, but this one made him melt.

"what's the other reason?" he breathed. louis fingers were drumming softly on his side, pushing in-between each of his ribs and it tickled a bit but it was bearable. 

"you always talk to yourself, and i love listening to it. we'll be in the middle of a conversation, and then you'll say something, and then disagree with what you said, and then you pretty much argue with yourself. i love that about you."

harry frowned. "i didn't know i did that."

a little laugh escaped louis' lips. "you're adorable."

"will you always call me? to hear my voice i mean?" harry's voice was hopeful, nervous.

"always. your voice is a song to me. a song that i never get tired of."

"thank you," harry whispered. louis smiled, grabbing harry around the sides and pulling him so harry was pretty much laying on top of him. they were chest to chest, harry's curls falling in louis' face and causing louis laugh. harry found louis' laugh unbelievably attractive.

"that tickles." louis reached up, his eyes sparkling and shining, gently brushing harry's curls behind his ear. harry always was amazed with how beautiful and absolutely radiant louis looked, especially from this view. his rosy lips were in a tiny smile, as if he was holding in a laugh. there were crinkles by his blue eyes, and his eyelashes were dark coal black. his skin was tan and glowing, soft as always. harry could see every freckle that littered his nose, that weren't even noticeable from far away. he could see the blonde tips of his fringe, coloured by the sun. he loved the faint specks of green in his smoldering eyes, and he loved the little curly pieces of hair that poked out from underneath his ears and curled at the tips. he loved the vague tint of pink that was always on louis' cheeks, like a tiny blush.

he was prepossessing, enchanting. captivating.

and he was harry's.

"louis!" harry yelled into the phone, even though the line was dead and there was a monotone beep coming from the speaker. "louis louis louis!"