seventy eight

A/N: You have been warned. Now quiet down. Shh. Read.

louis' hair smells like green apples, harry thinks. green apples like the ones he used to eat when he was little and wasn't allowed to have junk food for a snack, so mum gave him apples. he wonders if louis still uses his green apple scented shampoo or if that scent is embedded in his soft, fluffy hair. he likes the way it slips through his fingers, like silk, and flops back onto louis' head.

"sleepy, sleepy, sleepy," harry murmurs, the hum of the airplane soothing him. "sleepy husband."

louis shifts in his seat, and harry lets out a noise of disapproval when it involves his hair being pressed up against the window. "lou," he whimpers, and he wants so badly to wake the boy up, but he doesn't. instead, he rests his head in his lap, wishing louis was awake to play with his hair and use his soft soothing voice to talk him to sleep.

as he rests, feeling louis' tummy rise and fall beneath his cheek, he thinks back to the reception. he smiles at the thought of niall dancing like an idiot which zayn stood behind him, holding his beer in the air and laughing.

they were only twenty, but they were wild. senior year brought out the worst in them, and the fact that graduation was less than a month away made it even more exciting. they made sure to schedule the wedding on spring break so that they could have a long honeymoon.

harry feels himself smile in trepidation at the thought. he gently slips his hand underneath louis' shirt, so that his fingertips are brushing the warm skin of his hip bone. "i love you, lou," he whispers.

louis made a wonderful toast at the wedding, never failing to meet harry's gaze every few seconds. zayn and niall both acted like idiots at first but got serious halfway through. harry's mum started crying right when she started, so jay just took over. it was one of the most amazing things harry had experienced, listening to his favourite people in the world talk and say their congratulations. there weren't many of harry's friends at the wedding, well, because, he didn't have any. but eleanor surely filled the shoes of about ten people. she practically died at the sight of his ring.

"harry?"

harry tilts his head up, meeting louis' gentle, sleepy eyes. the sky is dark, and the lights from the city below them send a glow into the sky.

"yeah?" he asks quietly, closing his eyes as louis brushes a few stray curls out of his face.

"have you been awake this whole time?" he is grinning. "i like the way you sleep."

harry blushes when he realises his head is right.. there. but when he moves to adjust, louis grabs his hand and leans down to kiss his forehead. "don't move, angel."

"okay," he says lowly. the heavy breaths of people sleeping on the plane around him make him want to speak quietly, and louis follows suit.

"i'm excited," harry whispers.

louis eyes are smoldering as he responds. "believe me, i am too."

***

'Wise men say, only fools rush in.'

I take his hand, the rush of people forming a circle around us causing a jump in my heart.

'But I, can't help, falling in love with you.'

I melt into his embrace, the touch of his hand on my waist causing me to shiver, goosebumps running down my arms. His jacket is rough beneath my hand as I move to slide my arms around his neck, brushing my fingertips across the warm skin of his neck, tangling my hands in the curls that tickle my skin.