twenty seven

love.

it's probably the most unpredictable thing of all. no matter how hard you think, or how much you try to change things, things will go differently than planned. the person you trust the most will also break you the most. the person who kisses you until you can barely breathe can also shove you and treat you like a punching bag. it's all about fate.

and that's why, when harry woke up and nobody was in his bed, he wasn't very surprised.

he yawned quietly, squeezing his eyes shut and stretching his arms above his head. 

but when he looked down, he jumped.

louis was laying there, his mouth hanging open and his eyes closed. soft, gentle breaths were escaping his rosy lips and disappearing into the cool air of zayn and harry's room. he was dressed in the sweatshirt harry had given him a long time ago and a pair of blue boxer shorts.

"are you surprised?"

harry whipped around in bed, a few of his curls falling in his face and in his eyes as he looked at zayn, who was looking at harry knowingly.

"what do you mean, am i surprised?" harry blinked and rubbed the back of his neck, still not fully awake. "there's nothing i would be surprised about."

zayn shrugged. "you do know louis was sleeping with you at first." he paused, gauging harry's reaction. "but he woke me up at like midnight because he was..uhm..."

harry sighed when zayn stopped his sentence, as if he was unsure if he should say it or not.

"what? what was he doing?"

"he was kinda crying. and then he just like climbed out of your bed and just like settled there on the floor."

harry frowned, turning around and looking at louis, at his wonderful tan legs and long black eyelashes. he was crying?

and he blocked out what zayn was saying to him, and his mind. he just climbed off his bed and sat criss cross right next to the sleeping boy, hesitantly touching his cheek. it was soft, so soft and of course it was because louis was perfect, he was always so perfect.

"what are you doing?" zayn called from where he was standing from his bed.

"nothing," harry murmured. he continued to run his long fingers over louis features, just like he did with his lock screen. he touched his small, round nose and his soft, thick hair. his heart ached as he looked at such a beautiful person who had such horrible things happen to them.

he was innocent now. his eyes were not harsh, his eyebrows relaxed and his hands unclenched on his stomach.

suddenly his eyes were opening, just as zayn said, "stop acting creepy."

harry would never get tired of the vibrant blue color of louis' eyes, nor would he get tired of louis' smile that he was showing right now.

"why hello harry." his voice was rough and tired and so freaking beautiful. "why are you staring at me on this lovely morning?" he sat up, pulling his sweatshirt down a bit and running a hand through his chaotic hair.

harry blushed, his heart beating really fast. "i wasn't staring at you," he murmured. "simply checking to see if you were still breathing, is all."

"m'hm," zayn said, and harry glared at him. he was now standing at the door, watching the pair with an amused expression on his face. "sure you were, harold."

"don't call him that!" louis shot, making both zayn and harry jump in surprise, because his voice got so much louder.

harry looked at louis curiously, watching the way his eyes burned with something he couldn't interpret and he was glaring at the bradford boy, who looked completely confused.