nineteen

harry found himself sitting on his couch, an old beach towel wrapped around his shoulders and a cup of tea warming his shaky hands.

and zayn was pacing back and forth, ranting about how stupid he was and how harry should never forgive louis.

harry wasn't trying to ignore him, no he wasn't.

he just was tired, that was it.

and when zayn called louis some bad, vulgar names, there wasn't a burn in his heart and a rock in his stomach. nope.

he just took sip after sip of steaming tea that zayn had made him. zayn hadn't been that upset about missing his cousin's graduation party to pick the younger boy up, but he still was planning on going to the date with perrie.

harry didn't mind. all this groaning was giving him a headache.

it made him so upset, in fact, that he politely asked zayn if he could be alone for the rest of the day.

"are you sure?" zayn asked, pausing in his steps to look at the wet, shivering boy sitting on the couch. harry nodded, biting his trembling lip as he went over the scene in his head for the millionth time. he wasn't going to cry, no matter how much it hurt.

"call me if you need me, h. i'm just down the street."

the younger boy nodded again, staring at the tea sloshing in his cup and letting the steam rise against his face, creating moist droplets on his nose and cheeks.

he was distracted when zayn took the cup out of his hands and placed it on the table, before reaching his arms around harry and pulling him to his feet. harry could barely hold in his tears when zayn held him to his chest, whispering goodbye and hugging him tightly.

"bye," harry whispered, sitting back down on the couch as zayn exited through the front door.

and then he decided to sleep, letting his damp curls hang in front of his face, and closing his eyes.

but right as all of his sad thoughts fleeted his mind, his phone went off, jolting him from his half sleep.

he dug around in his pocket lazily, only opening his eyes halfway when he muttered a, "hello?"

"i'm sorry. i'm so freaking sorry and i just ditched you.."

harry pulled his phone back as louis' phone sounded loud in his ear, and he let his thumb linger over the red button for a few seconds before he took a deep breath and shook his head.

louis was still rambling when he put it back to his ear, about how sorry he was and how he still wasn't taking his medication. harry frowned in disappointment and played with a loose thread on his beach towel as he listened to louis.

 "louis," harry finally said, his voice quiet and low and tired. "just stop."

louis, and they were both so quiet that harry could hear louis' soft breaths and he sounded a bit worn out from talking so much.

"are you still mad at me?"

harry closed his eyes, because they were burning from the tears building up in them.

don't cry.

he was lost for words, because he could never be mad at the person he loved the most in this world. but he didn't want louis to know that, because if he wanted to have any self respect he would wait until louis started taking his medication and being nice until he forgave him.

so he just stared ahead at the wall, listening to louis say his name.

"harry. please. are you mad at me? i'll understand if you are... i just.. please reply."