seventy six

Louis

"I can barely breathe," I say, squeezing my eyes shut. I can still taste Harry on my lips from last night. I can feel his hands cupping my cheek and quivering as he struggled to keep his composure. And I just want to see his face again, when he fell as a heap into my arms with a heavy breath, his curls falling into his face and his eyes fluttering shut.

"Louis. It'll be okay, mate. I wish you could realise how much Harry loves you." Liam lets out a huff. "It's a lot. And he's not afraid to show it."

"With our luck, some guy is going to come in with a gun and crash the wedding." I close my eyes. "Or Harry is going to realise he belongs with the angels, and he's too good for anybody." It's true. Harry is the the most amazing boy I've ever met.

I take a deep breath and look in the mirror. The first thing I notice is my pale blue eyes that Harry seems to love. I don't see anything special about them. I step closer, and Liam sits down on a chair in the corner of the small room we're in. The pants of my suit bag up a little once they reach my feet, which are sporting a nice pair of black dress shoes. I smile at myself, cringing at the crinkles by my eyes. I wish I was looking at Harry. Who wouldn't want to look at him?

Who wouldn't love him?

"My baby!" Jay cooed, and I jumped a bit as mum burst through the door, glowing in her beautiful light blue dress. It matches out colours, blue, light purple, and white. I give her a shaky smile, reluctantly walking out of the mirror's view. Liam stands up next to me, dressed in his waistcoat. For some reason, when mum took my arm gently, her lilac painted fingers gently brushing against the material of my suit, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I gulped quickly.

I, Louis Tomlinson, am marrying Harry Styles.

I let out a mix of a laugh and a sob, and I get weird looks from two of my favourite people.

Mum looks at me. "Louis, honey, Niall and Zayn say that they made Harry look beautiful. Aren't you excited to see him?"

I scoff. "He always looks beautiful, mum," I say, and she squeezes my arm with a laugh. The whole walk Liam talks to me about the steps I have to take and the words I have to say. I act annoyed, but secretely, I am grateful that he goes over it with me. I give him a hug when we get to the doors leading into the chapel.

Mum suddenly gasps and grips my arm. "Louis!" she screeches.

"What?" I say, whipping my head around and searching for what could possibly be wrong. No. I knew it. No matter how much planning Harry, our mum's, and I did, there would always be a problem,

At least that's what I think until I hear my mum speak.

"You saw him the night before the wedding!" She slapped her hand on her forehead, blowing her bangs out of her face. 

"Had sex with him too," Liam said under his breath.

I burst into laughter.

harry

"stop crying. you're eyes will be all red and it starts in an hour."

zayn snorts, and i give him a look. i am sitting on a bench in the chapel. my hands are sweating, and i wipe them excessively on my pants. i want to see Louis. i want to see his Sunshine Smile. i miss him.

zayn asks me if i'm scared. i shake my head, then nod, and he takes me hand. every time i think of Louis i get a million butterflies in my stomach. is that normal? i don't know. i look around the chapel as niall adjusts my bow tie for the hundredth time. it is decorated with pretty lilacs and white roses. i can smell the burning candles on the altar. my heart skips a beat, and i twist my engagement. i decide to keep it on my right finger and until Louis puts the wedding band on my left.