thirty one

kissing.

a wonderful thing, a wonderful, heart fluttering thing.

harry's eyes were closed, his eyelashes brushing louis' cheekbones and his fingers ghosting across louis' wrist as he kissed him. he kissed him hard, he memorized the way louis cradled his jaw and face, the way he bit his bottom lip gently and fluttered his eyes open and closed from time to time.

the car was so unbelievably hot now, the heated seats now burning harry's legs and the warm air from the vents causing sweat to form across his nose and under his eyes.

and, of course, the way louis was pulling harry onto his lap was pretty hot too.

harry could sometimes see, when his eyes were open and louis was just kinda pushing his forehead into his neck, he could see the shadows from the lit up cafe running across the windshield of the car and over their bodies. he wasn't shivering anymore; but there were still goose bumps running down his skin.

he shuddered and his breath caught when louis started to tug on his hair, curling his fingers around the brown tendrils and yanking gently. harry went along with it, squeezing louis' wrists tighter and trying not to kiss him too hard. he didn't have any experience with anyone besides louis, and he was scared he was doing something wrong.

"angel." louis' voice was a raspy whisper, raw with emotion, "angel i love you."

and harry knew he loved him back, he knew, just by the way he shivered again when louis blue eyes stared into his jade ones.

but he couldn't bring himself to say it.

so he just nodded, a quick, hurried nod before grabbing louis behind the neck, pushing their lips together in a bruising kiss and he was so nervous but so excited and it was really quite nice.

then the sound of rushed breaths filled the air, along with harry's whimpers when louis' hot fingers brushed across his bare hipbone. harry was a wreck, just louis' soft touch causing him to fall apart.

and harry kissed him with as much passion as he could muster. he squeezed his eyes shut tightly, pushing his forehead against louis' and removing his tight hold on louis' wrist. he placed one hand on his hip and the other against his soft, warm tummy that he just loved so much.

harry felt a flush throughout his whole body when louis slipped two fingers under the waistband of his boxers, and he grabbed his hand.

louis looked up, eyes hooded and eyebrows pulled together. "what?"

"'m not ready," he shook his head. he could feel tears of embarrassment flow to his eyes as louis slowly removed his hand. "'m just not ready."

louis took a sharp intake of breath when he saw that harry was crying. "harry," he whispered, reaching out and thumbing away his hot, stinging tears. "harry love it's okay. it's okay." his voice was unbelievably soft, reminding harry of pillows and fuzzy blankets and honey. "it's so okay."

harry took a shaky breath, resting his wary eyes on louis' gentle face, on his curved nose and thin rosy lips and long eyelashes. "'m not ready."

"i know," louis said quietly, snaking his arms around harry's waist and pulling him to his chest. harry kept his eyes open, staring ahead as he laid his cheek against louis' torso. he could feel louis' steady heartbeat through his purple sweatshirt and it was soothing, it was soothing and unique and louis.

so harry listened, focusing his eyes on the dark backseat of the car, and out the window he could see white snow falling down rapidly, so thick that you couldn't even see the next car in the parking lot. and his head rose as louis' chest did, with his soft, calming breaths as he whispered comforting words into his hair.