ten

as a person with aspergers, harry did not like when things were done differently than usual.

he ate the same cereal everyday-cheerios- and no matter what he went to niall's house on friday.

his bed had to be made a certain way, and his room was always spotless. he only did chores on sundays, and he had to brush his teeth at a certain time twice a day. he preferred wearing his black converse with white socks, and his hair was almost always in a curly fringe across his forehead. he needed to be wearing his silver watch he got for christmas two years ago whenever he was awake, and his phone has had the same background ever since he got it-a picture of louis, actually.

he was a freshman and louis was a junior when his mum had finally decided that he could have his own cell phone. he had already been crushing on the older boy, watching him in the hallways and "accidentally" brushing hands with him when they passed. louis looked a lot different then. he wore a red beanie every day, with red sweatpants and a big grey sweatshirt. he had the same method of dressing the same every day, except with different clothes.

harry liked how soft louis looked with all his big baggy clothes and his fringe sticking out from beneath his faded beanie. louis' hair didn't used to be styled as much, and it looked like he combed it across his forehead before throwing the beanie on.

his face was more like a baby face, clean shaven, with innocent blue eyes and a bright smile that reminded harry of sunshine.

and harry wanted a picture of that sunshine.

so the day he received his phone, on his birthday, actually, it had a plain neutral background that he absolutely hated. so he opened up the camera during lunch and aimed it at louis. it was an iphone five, so the pictures were extremely good quality. louis was sitting at the table right next to theirs, and harry had a perfect view of his face.

he seemed like a stalker, and he hoped nobody noticed.

when louis finally showed his beautiful smile when liam said something funny, harry snapped a picture.

and it turned out amazing.

his eyes were crinkled up at the sides and his hair was brushing against his long, coal black eyelashes, which framed a pale blue. the picture was clear and perfectly taken; harry had felt like a photographer.

louis was wearing his usual sweatshirt and sweatpants, which meant the hood of the shirt folded around his face in an adorable way, and his lips were dark red as he had just drank from his water bottle.

and harry ran his thumb over every feature with a smile on his own face, and then he set it as his lock screen and his background.

it'd been that way ever since.

and, being harry, and wanting every thing to go exactly the same, the younger boy loved watching louis come in wearing the same clothes. it seemed the blue eyed boy could read his mind, knowing that those slight changes bothered him.

another thing that harry liked about louis was his hands.

he never really got close enough to really admire his hands, but he could from afar. when louis was talking to someone and he put his hand on the locker, or when he was running them through his hair, harry would grin and look at them, because they were perfect.

everything about louis was perfect, except for his mood swings.

those, he could handle, now that he knew what caused them.

so, when louis showed up at his front door, he wasn't as nervous as he used to be.

he was on his phone, staring at the picture and going over every feature as if he hadn't done it a million times before, and the bell rang. he took his time going to the door, as he had to put his phone on the charger and then put some socks on his feet. he never answered the door barefoot, it was a rule of his that even he didn't understand.