epilogue part two

i smell pancakes.

i feel lips brushing my forehead, and it pulls me out of my dream. i cuddle further into my blankets though, deciding not to open my eyes. too tired, i think. but when Lou says, "it's six o'clock, silly dilly," i sit up in bed.

"what has happened to my internal alarm clock?" i mumble quietly, which results in Louis laughing and kissing my temple.

"you're so adorable," he says gently, wrapping his arms around my waist and shaking me lightly. i smile and blush.

"thank you," i whisper. "but really, why did i not wake up at six?"

Louis leans in so close his hair brushes my forehead. "it's five fifty-nine. i just wanted to wake you up for once. to see your little eyebrows furrow whenever i interrupt your dream. it reminds me of a kitten." he kisses my lips, and i cringe.

"Louis, i have morning breath."

"well, that's not good." he leans over and pulls me out of my cave of blankets swiftly, despite my protests, and i laugh and whine at the same time as he starts to carry me towards the restroom. the cold air all over my body is not a fun experience, and the fact that my... uhm... is rubbing up against Louis' shoulder isn't so comfortable either. when he puts me down, my whole body is flushed.

"Louis!" i whine, stomping my foot.

"harry!" he mocks me, before squeezing my sides. "you claim you have to be all clean and stuff to kiss me, so i'm giving you your chance," Louis says. i meet his eyes and we stare at each other for a moment.

"i need clothes," i say calmly, biting my lip and trying to control Louis' wandering eyes by catching his gaze and locking it. Louis sighs deeply, dramatically.

"i already trekked you across the mountains-"

"our bedroom," i correct.

"-and placed you right in front of your toothbrush, equipped with it's essential toothpaste. lookie." he picks up my toothbrush, and it indeed has a perfect stripe of blue toothpaste on the brush. i raise my brow.

"i knew my angel would want to brush his teeth, and i was prepared."

"i need to go to the bathroom," i say quietly, trying to contain my smile when Louis comes towards me, before kissing me softly.

"okay, but-" Louis cups my cheek, "i have a problem that i need you to solve."

i'm blushing when he shuts the bathroom door.

***

"Niall, I'm serious, you can't be doing this again. You're making so many people upset," I groan into the phone as I prepare my husband's plate of pancakes.

"Why? Seriously? Why would anyone be upset?"

I can't decide whether I should keep my mouth shut or not. Instead I just say the first thing that comes to mind. "I'm upset that you pick trashy people that you're way too good for." That sounds okay, right?

"Trashy? Lou, she's extremely hot."

"And? What about her personality?"

Niall takes a while to respond. "... She told me she liked my jeans."

I roll my eyes. "Then what'd she do? Offer to have sex with you?" When he doesn't say anything, I continue. "Trashy."

Niall lets out a sad sigh. "Look, Lou. I'm not like you. I can't just stumble into someone who I love-"

"Excuse me, I had to work to get Har-"

"and marry them. I just need a girlfriend. Someone! I'm so alone all the time, like seriously! I'm twenty-three and I still live in Zayn's flat."