two

all the boys ended up falling asleep on the floor, covered by random blankets that were strewn across niall's room.

zayn nor niall found it odd that harry stripped off all his clothes once he was hidden by the blanket, instead rolled their eyes fondly and laid their heads on their pillow. harry blushed a bit, and he was embarrassed, but he wasn't going to stop. clothes restrained him in his sleep; he could never fall asleep when he was wearing them.

niall turned off the lamp with a sigh, and suddenly it was completely dark.

so he cowered further into the blankets, until his head was the only thing showing. the room was black and quiet now, and all harry could hear was the soft breathing of his friends. so he let that relaxing rhythm echo in his mind until his thoughts ceased and he drifted into sleep.

***

"wake u-"

harry's eyes flew open as he felt a sudden coldness all over his body. his hands automatically moved between his legs and he cringed against the light.

"oh my god, i'm so sorry, oh my god."

and then the situation got so much worse, because that was a voice that harry would never mistaken. a high, raspy voice that seemed to always be on his mind lately.

once he had finally adjusted to the light, he realized that louis was still standing there, mouth wide open, staring.

"i... i sleep naked," harry mumbled, embarrassed.

"this isn't even your house!" louis said, but harry's heart leaped when he started laughing.

"i'm sorry, but why are you still-"

"oh," louis shook his head, but didn't move.

"are you just going to sit here?" harry blushed, reaching over to grab the blankets.

louis bit his lip, and harry swore that his eyes scanned over his chest for a few seconds, and then the shorter boy whipped around and stumbled out of the room.

***

when harry went back to school on monday, something felt different.

and it wasn't that the gym was getting remodeled, nor was it the fact that zayn hadn't been there to pick him up this morning. (he had swimming practices really early in the morning before school, starting today)

it could've been that niall was sick, but harry just felt that wasn't it.

and then his confusion was suddenly answered.

louis was walking in front of him, wearing his signature black skinnies and white tank top, along with his worn out pair of black vans.

harry loved that louis wore the same thing every day. niall said that he had seven pairs of each thing he wore, and that made harry laugh.

but seeing louis wasn't the unusual thing. often, harry would secretly follow him and hide behind bodies, sometimes stopping to listen to louis discuss his weekend with liam. he knew it was creepy, but he didn't care.

this time, louis was slowing down. and he was walking next to harry, and harry suddenly couldn't breathe.

he decided to not say anything about the odd situation. instead, he clutched his books tighter to his chest and continued walking, and he hoped louis couldn't hear his racing heart. he was afraid he would drop his books because he was shaking so bad.

louis didn't speak either, just walked next to him in silence, and it wasn't awkward because the quiet was filled by the shouts and laughs of their classmates.