sixty five

A/N: I am aware that Waliyha is 16, Doniya is 22, and Safaa is 12. But remember, this book is set a little in the past. Zayn is only 18, Louis is 20, Harry's 18, Niall is 18, and Liam is 19. 

"what are we celebrating?" louis finally asked when he jumped off liam's back, careful to avoid knocking over the cake in liam's hands. harry watched as he flicked his fluffy fringe out of his eyes, a move he had memorised by heart and sometimes did it himself because he was around louis so much.

"the fact that our own harry styles is okay. you are okay, right?" liam teased, running and tackling harry in a hug, burying his face in harry's neck and letting out a laugh. harry smiled and pushed his forehead into liam's shoulder. 

"yeah, i'm okay," harry grinned. 

he hugged liam for a few more seconds, before liam was getting pushed out of the way and louis replaced him, except this time harry was lifted up in the air and twirled around. he could tell louis was avoiding his ribs, insteading holding him by his hips. harry let his head hang forward, resting his forehead on the top of louis' head so his curls hung in louis' face.

"angel angel angel," louis sung, putting him down and kissing his nose then his lips. "how is my harry on this windy day?" 

harry furrowed his eyebrows and cleared his throat before asking quietly, "why were you crying on the phone?"

louis immediately stopped smiling, holding harry's worried stare for a second. "i'll tell you later." his voice was hoarse, and he let out a cough. this reminded harry of when louis told him about how his dad had lung cancer, and that scared him to death. stop overthinking things, harry. he's probably still upset over the accident.

"niall!" harry whipped around when he heard a female voice with an accent very similar to zayn's. he watched as niall was yanked into a hug.

"hi tricia," niall murmured. "nice to see you." he was smiling widely, hugging tricia tightly.

zayn watched them both fondly, and harry couldn't help but join in on the hug. he loved tricia, she was the one person that could make him feel better with good food and warm comforting hugs. 

"hi, sunshine," tricia smiled, reaching over and kissing harry's cheek. "how are you, sweetie?"

"okay," harry responded, and then they were all going to the kitchen. tricia claimed that she had spent all day making the perfect dinner for all of the boys. harry believed her, it seemed like something she would do. the kitchen smelled amazing, and harry could see what zayn was saying when he saw all the homemade baked treats sitting on all the granite counters. all three of zayn's sisters were already sitting down. harry always had adored waliyha, she was fourteen years old, and the second youngest of zayn's sisters. doniya was the oldest, only a year older than zayn, and harry didn't like her very much because she always bossed harry around and she tried to teach him how to get a girl. the worst part was, she knew he was gay.

harry chuckled, although what he was thinking wasn't that funny. he watched waliyha blush when he waved at her. niall ran over and kissed each of their cheeks, and harry smiled as he looked at his second family. he actually had three families. well, if he counted his mum anymore. the other two were niall and louis' family, and zayn's family.

the dinner looked absolutely amazing. harry always thought himself a good cook until he saw what tricia could make. he sat down next to his boyfriend and niall as tricia served everyone's plates. she had made fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. "thank you," harry murmured, when she gently put a plate in front of him.

"you're welcome, honey," zayn's mum said in her thick accent, and harry blushed. 

"harry harry, always so polite." niall laughed and shook his head, and harry's cheeks flushed even redder than before.