bonus chapter

"Why hello pumpkin!" Louis calls, "and angel, get over here!"

He can't contain his smile when a little girl with bouncy brown curls and an adorable boy, also with bouncy brown curls, walk towards him down the football field. His teammates are kicking balls at each other, usually something they do when practice is over and they are not wanting to get out of the warm summer sun. It's pelting down on Louis' face, and he can feel sweat start to build up on his nose and cheeks, but the flush feels nice.

"Louis Louis Louis," Harry says quietly when they walk over to him. "You will never believe what happened."

Louis doesn't know why, but every single time he hears the honey smooth voice of his husband, he swears his heart melts in his chest and every single rational thought leaves his mind for a few seconds.

"What happened?" He finally asks, leaning over to peck Harry's lips lightly.

"Grayson here got an A on her math test and on her science test!" Louis smiles when Grayson nods her head excitedly, jumping into her father's arms the minute he sticks them out. Louis feels his heart swell with pride when Harry leans over and puts his head on Louis' other shoulder, a small huff of breath escaping his lips. He has a beautiful husband, an adorable daughter, and the best family in the world.

"Honey I'm so proud of you!" Louis says excitedly, kissing Grayson's soft hair before putting her on the ground. "Do you wanna go talk to Niall? He's taking you over to his house for tonight, is that okay?"

Grayson gives a hesitant smile. "Is Zayn gonna be there too?" When Louis nods she lets out a squeal of excitement. "Yes! I love Zayn!"

"So do I," a voice comes behind Louis, and Louis grins.

"Hey Niall!" Harry says, his voice still filled with youth and innocence, and Louis really loves Harry.

"Hey H," Niall goes over and hugs Harry tightly, and the smile Harry has on his face is enough to melt Louis' heart. "And how's my little Grayson!?" Grayson giggles when Niall picks her up, twirling her around and kissing both of her cheeks, tanned from the summer sun.

"Let's make sundaes!" she yells, and when Niall yells in agreement, she lets out a cheer with one fist in the air.

"Well you guys have fun," Louis says, giving Niall the don't let her get hurt or I'll kill you, look. "Harry and I will be back around-"

"Tomorrow," Niall interrupts, laughing. "Lou, don't worry about taking her back home tonight. Zayn and I are happy to have her sleep over."

Louis can feel Harry's gaze on his face, and he turns his head ever-so-slightly to meet his shining green eyes. The heat between them suddenly grows when they realise that they have all night together, alone. Harry is biting his lip, almost innocently pushing his curls across his forehead although wow, does it make Louis feel so in love with him. "Thanks Niall," Louis says genuinely, but he doesn't break his eye contact with his husband.

"Of course. We're going to go now. Zayn just texted me. Say bye to Grayson, I'm taking her."

Louis is snapped out of his daze when his favourite little girl in the world is at his side, her curly ponytail brushing against his hand. He immediately leans down, grabbing her around the waist, and lifting her to his face. He kisses her over and over, peppering her cheeks and her nose with little kisses. She giggles and holds on by wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I love you, sweetie," Louis coos, before handing her over to Harry, who holds Grayson to him like she's a fragile little baby and closes his eyes as he squeezes her tightly to him.