thirty six

"i love your feet. they're warm."

harry smiled, wiggling his toes from underneath his fuzzy, thick white socks.

"what are your new years resolutions?"

harry thought for a second, watching the newscaster with blonde hair on the television, clutching a coat around her body and pointing excitedly at the clock. there was about an hour left.

"to accept you, no matter how many mistakes you make," harry responded, looking straight into those twinkly, captivating eyes.

"well," louis responded. "mine is to never get off this medication, because it works so freaking well." he paused, before reaching out and grabbing a stray curl between his thumb and his pointer finger, placing it back in it's place before running his hands through all of harry's hair. "and another one is to make sure that you are absolutely speechless when i'm done kissing you, because i love that. i love how affected you are by me."

harry blushed. "you're affected by me too," he defended weakly.

and harry thought that maybe, just maybe, that might've been true, by the way louis bit his lip when harry's voice cracked and his eyes were glossy and he looked so needy.

"i most definitely am," louis whispered, looking a bit flustered.

they both stopped talking and turned their attention to the rest of their company, who were sitting on the couch laughing. louis and harry were both laying on the floor (or each other), waiting for 2011 to finally arrive. 

"no! she's only a friend!" niall was saying, but at the same time he was chewing on his crisps and laughing.

"you tied her shoe for her in the middle of class! you're whipped!" zayn declared, leaning back into the couch.

"i didn't want her to trip," niall protested weakly.

harry laughed, snuggling his feet between louis' legs to keep them warm. there was still snow falling, not as harshly as it had a few days ago, but it was still quite deep. harry watched the trees sway in the howling winds that came with december weather. harry loved the idea of being safe inside, warm and listening to the laughter as they anxiously awaited for the year to be over.

he felt extremely peaceful. the blue blanket they were laying on was soft, almost as soft as the pajama pants harry was wearing. the volume on the television was just right, so that if you listened for it you could hear it but it wasn't distracting. louis was laying on his back, holding harry's foot in his hand and massaging it slightly, and at the same time fluttering his eyes shut and open as he stared at the ceiling above him. he looked tired, especially when he let out a kitten-like yawn, and harry loved the way his nose crinkled up and all of his body tensed for a second.

there was about thirty minutes left, giving zayn and niall plenty of time to do their arm wrestling while jay and anne gossiped about people harry had never heard of.

so, instead, he balanced on his elbow and pushed the side of his head into his hand, his neck to tired to do it on it's own. he held a lazy gaze on louis, on his long coal eyelashes and legs that looked incredibly short in his onesie pants.

"'m cold," he mumbled out randomly, but the buzz of talking around them ceased to stop.

harry looked around for a blanket, but it looked as if jay was taking most of them. apparently, she got cold quite easily.

so, he pulled his feet away from louis' hand, despite his quiet murmurs of protest. then he crawled towards the older, yet smaller boy. louis didn't seem to mind when harry hooked a leg around louis' waist, the way he used to do when his mum was cold. he wrapped his left arm around him and the other he fisted into louis' chest. then, he snuggled his face into louis' warm neck, breathing in the smell of honey.