twenty five

it felt like it was over.

all the fighting, the crying, the shoving and arguing and mood swings. it felt like all that was done.

harry hadn't had a severe episode in forever.

he slept so well that first night in the small cabin the boys were sharing. the air condition was whirring softly at the edge of the room under the window, sending a cool breeze and making his face colder than the rest of his body, which was covered in a comforter with tiny whales all over it.

his dreams consisted of ferris wheels and swimming and so many fun things they could do on their vacation.

and he woke up extremely refreshed, his bleary eyes clearing quickly and only one yawn escaping his mouth.

"sleep good?" zayn asked, breaking the peaceful silence of the bright room. there was already sun cascading through the large windows of the room, casting shadows over the carpet and across both the boys' faces. zayn looked very awake as well, an excited, energized smile on his face.

"yeah, perfect," harry said quietly, brushing a curl behind his ear and cringing because he knew he was going to have a bad hair day.

"i have a beanie in my bag," zayn smiled knowingly as he looked at harry's unruly curls.

harry nodded thankfully, reaching over the bed and grabbing a pair of boxers and gym shorts he had put there the night before. he slipped them on under the blankets before climbing out of bed and placing his large bare feet on the ground.

"what's for breakfast?" he murmured, deciding on leaving his shirt off as they walked into the hallway. "anything good?"

"donuts."

and suddenly louis was at harry's side, wrapping a tan arm around him and squeezing him tightly. "chocolate ones."

harry tried not to look surprised, instead asked another question. "with the sprinkles?"

"with the sprinkles."

"how did you get here so fast?" zayn asked from where he was walking beside harry.

"i was listening the whole time, lads," louis smirked, tightening his hold around harry's bare waist.

"that's creepy," zayn murmured, and even if harry wanted to say something he couldn't because louis was gripping his hip with his small fingers and he felt hot all over. he couldn't help but notice the way louis leaned into him, and he stumbled a bit before catching his balance and continuing to walk.

when they finally arrived in the kitchen, niall and liam were sitting at the table, donuts in hand. it was a very nice kitchen, with dark wood floor and stainless steel appliances, along with a small island and a bar.

harry hesitantly picked up a chocolate donut from one of the open boxes, the one with the most rainbow sprinkles. they looked quite good. 

"what are we doing today?" niall murmured through a mouthful of food, and harry giggled as some of his donut fell out of his mouth.

"don't talk with your mouth full," liam said lightly, "and we were thinking of going skydiving."

harry spit out his food, his eyes growing impossibly wide as he looked around to see if the boys were kidding. louis was pointing at harry and laughing so hard that he was squeaking. "his face!" he cried.

when he finally calmed down, louis averted his eyes at the table due to the stares he was receiving. "it was cute," he mumbled.

 harry blushed, wiping his mouth with a napkin and avoiding the intense look louis was sending him with his soft blue eyes.