Track twenty-two

I posted this five days ago b4 I left for my trip and apparently it didn't upload or save so had to write it again enjoy.

"You see sweet cheeks," Ashton pauses sucking in the cigarette "Everyone here is a lost cause." he breathes out, smoke filling my nose

"I still don't understand" I say as I cross my arms over my chest. He leans back against the balcony as he groans throwing his head back

"Meaning that, we're too much of a lost cause no one can fix." He says running his hand through his curly brown hair.

"So that's why they make us lose our memory. So we forget" he says blowing the smoke once again.

I look at the cigarette in between his fingertips and questions something out of the blue.

"Why do they have a balcony open for the patients?" I ask and he looks at me confusingly titling his head

"Aren't they afraid, that the 'lost causes' here will jump off?" I say rolling my eyes. And he scoffs.

"I don't understand why you care so much babe" he says offering me the cigarette he had in his mouth. "they do what they want, they're in charge, not me."

I look at the cigarette and take it slowly.

"We don't have all day" he rolls his eyes

"Are you gonna smoke or we going in?"

I shake my head throwing the husky smell of smoke on the ground, stomping on it with my slipper as he leads me back inside.

I don't understand why Ashton is so touchy, the past hour I've spent with him was, weird.

His hands finding their way to mine, how he rests his arm around my waist, or even how he bounces his leg against mine.

He drapes his arm around my neck walking down the halls of "the centre" is he described this place and finding our way to a little therapy room with the same group of people inside.

"Hi Ashton!" They say and some are over a bit excited running up to the both of us.

"Do you wanna play cards with us?" one boy says, and Ashton smiles.

"Sorry boys, I have a pretty lady here and I don't want to leave her on her own." he says grinning tightening his grip around me and they all grin back.
The boy takes his lip ring in between his fingers and looks at me with his big brown eyes, scanning me up and down, then looks at Ashton who's still grinning.

"She can play too" he says and the two other boys agree

Ashton looks at me taking something out of the pocket of his uniform pants and puts it in his mouth, a toothpick?

"What do ya say babe?" he says winking, biting the toothpick in between his teeth "you up for a game of cards?"
-

"That's fucking bullshit!" Jack says as he throws his cards down on his table. And we all laugh as he's over reacting

"Dude, chill." Eli the curly blonde says bursting into fits of laughter "it's just go-fish"

"Go fish my ass!" Jack retaliates "Kelly cheated! She cheated!" he puts pointing at the small brunette. And she smiles.
I look at Ashton, who seems zoned out with a blank expression as he sits still beside me on the couch.

"Aren't we supposed to be in therapy?" I ask and they all look at me

"This is therapy." Kelly says "See? We're happy and socializing" she smiles proudly as she sets down her pairs