Track Twenty-Eight

.
.
"I was your cure, and you were my disease. I was saving you but you were killing me."

.
.

Cathy didn't spare me the details. She told me she found him cold and dead on the ground in our apartment. No wounds, but an empty bottle of sleeping pills beside him.

I don't know how long I've stayed in my room. A week, maybe even a month?

Ashton comes in ever so often to check on how I was doing I don't speak, because all I can think of is Michael.

It's always been him.

Luke passes by my room, he thinks I can't see him glancing through the little window of my door; but I do.

I haven't much cared that he was here anymore. He doesn't remember anything so what's the point?

And that's excactly what's wrong with me; I remember too much.

It seems everything starting to fill in place. Every little memory in every little spot, like my brain is healing itself; but my heart doesn't do the same.

My heart aches and my eyes burn for him. And the more I think of him, the more I remember.

"I don't like this Luke guy.." he trails off crossing his arms across his chest and I roll my eyes

"You made me go on the first day in the first place." I say zipping up my jacket while Michael leans against the door frame

"Still.." he stiffens a bit as the knock on the door became more audible but he relaxed, pushing me out of the way opening the door revealing Luke.

"What are you doing here?" Michael says standing up straighter making him appear taller than Luke already is.

"...Picking up Bella?" Luke scratches the back of his neck as he glances at me nervously.

"Do you have any intentions of having sexual intercourse w-"

"That's enough..dad" I interrupt him and he smirks pushing Luke outside closing the door

"You can't te-" I try to say but Michael pulls me into a tight hug resting his chin on the top of my head like he always had

"I know baby girl" he whispers "im proud of you." I can almost hear him smile as the tone in his voice is soft and I smile as well

He pulls away looking at me "just be safe ok?" And I nod my head heading towards the door

"Belle wait." he says ignoring Luke's knocks against the door

"Promise me you aren't going to be hurt?" He asks and I look up at him

"I've been through worser pain Mike I don't think a hea-"

"Pain and being hurt are different." he sternly says and I stay silent for a few moments before he speaks up.

"Promise me?"

"Promise."

"Bella can i come in?" There was a loud knock on the door I turned my head to see it was Cathy, already making her way inside.

She takes a seat next to me and I don't bother making eye contact. My body is shaking and my shoulders tingle, I am about to break down; but I don't want to.

She places her hand on my shoulder and I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand.

"Did he" I pause swallowing the lump in my throat for ages "commit suicide?" I say in pure horror and anger and she looked away her face looking like she was going to cry to.