Track nine: whispers

It's a pretty absurd feeling you know; when you knew something wasn't right or it was a huge mistake just waiting to happen. Ever since that night Michael and I kissed; it really got to me. Feelings were everywhere; I don't know what to do. It's been at least a week and he pretended none of it ever happened; I sigh and slowly walk over to my dresser and grab an oversized hoodie and the same sweatpants I've been wearing for the past week.

I've been suffering these nightmares that I can't get a hold of it's always the same thing; dad. I always wake up with sweat drenched clothes and cheek stained tears. It's 4 in the morning and I don't want to go to sleep, so I step out of my room and into Michael's room finding that he's not there; again. Michael comes home pretty late; after therapy, he drops me off at the apartment and is never to be seen until after midnight. I don't know what he's doing or exactly where he is, but all I know is he hasn't paid much attention to me at all.

I grab some milk out the fridge and some cereal; I sit down and think of what has happened the past few weeks.

Well for one thing; I died. Luke screamed at me during our therapy session. Michael kissed me, and now he's suddenly missing. What a chap he is.

The front door bursts open with Michael sucking Stacy's face. What the hell? Moans escape their mouths as cereal escapes mine; this is really uncomfortable. They suddenly stop; both cheeks flush and heavy breathing continues as they notice I'm choking on a fruit loop. Awkward silence fills the room before I break it.

"I-erm, uh-I'm gonna head to bed..." I say awkwardly scratching the back of my neck; them just silently laughing to themselves as their arms brush against one another.

Wow.

-

I'm running; but I don't know where I'm going. A long dress is draping over me; just like the one when I died. People yelling and cheering for me to keep running, even though I have no destination; it's all just one long dirt road ahead of me. I turn my head to the left and to the right, instead of cheering, they're now yelling at me to run faster before 'he' gets me. With a confused look on my face, I turn around.

Dad?

I stop dead on my feet to look at him; his faced angered and in his hand is my mum's vase. He's running; running after me. I run and I run but something holds me back. A long rope wraps around my neck and I'm suddenly now in front of crowds of people waiting to be hanged.

"Witch!" they yell "Crazy!" a woman yells; tears escape my eyes and my dad appears before me.

"You were never a good enough child for me." He says pulling the lever.

-

"Bella wake up!" Michael yells shaking me awake. My body's covered in sweat and my cheeks are stained with tears. Stacy is against the wall wearing Michael's ACDC tank picking at her nails; Michael's face flashes with worry and concern as he runs his fingers through my hair as sobs escape my mouth.

"Stacy, can you give us a minute?" Michael asks her and she nods and heads for the door; me taking Michael's hand out of my hair and onto his lap. I intertwine my hands together so their locked and look Michael in the eyes.

"I'm fine, you should go." I say barely audible, he nods and slowly stands up, but sitting back down in a matter of seconds. Nervousness is written all over him as he speaks.

"That kiss, i-I'm sorry. I was just confused, I had all these feelings bundled up inside and you looked so much like Stacy. I'm just; sorry." My heart dropped, I looked like Stacy? What? She and I look nothing alike; she was stunning like lighting as I was as dull as rain. I manage a fake smile as he places a kiss on my forehead and walk out my room.