Track Twenty-One

This isn't gonna be one of those cliché books where she falls in love bc memory loss. It's not like it at all, and sorry.

It was a feeling of emptiness.Overpowering everything at the right moments.The empitness of no emotion; not even the sadness i feel i have felt before. The emptiness overpowering my darkness, and my light.

The feeling of emptiness is a void I can no longer fill, not even the worlds oceans' can.

The feeling of lonesome. the feeling of need, for something I don't think I can no longer reach.

I feel empty yet, melancholy.

The feelings I feel are so confusing, causing me to slowly adjust myself on the bed. That's when my eyes shoot open, my heart beating faster.

"Hello." A woman says as her face slowly smiles and touches my face. I slowly move away from her touch. Why does she want to touch me?

She smiles once again and flinches as a voice outside of the closed door yells, something I can't make out.

She rests her hands on her lap, clasping them together.

I examine her face. She seems, tense. She has a pen at her side and a clipboard on the other. I look at her face once more. I tilt my head slowly blinking.

"Hello" she says once again "My name is Cathy."

I stay quiet as she introduces herself.

"Now I guess you're probably worried and confused and all that, but everything will be fine" she rambles on still keeping the same smile on her face. "but first things first ((a/n I'm the realist))" she pauses shakily getting the clipboard and pen into her hands "who are you, and when is your birthday?"

I'm surprised to her question. What an absurd lady. I have no idea of anything going on, and for all I know, I could be trying to run for my life from this creepy old lady, but I don't.. know.

"My name is Bella Leanne Kenny, and my birthday is December 31st, 1996." I shakily say as she responds with a nod

"Parents' names?" she asks

"Mark and Cathy Kenney." I say quickly as the sound of my parents' names quicken the speed of my heart.

Cathy smiles and nods looking me directly in the eyes.

"Michael's done well, now if anyone asks you what you remember" she says to me quietly then she leans into my ear.

"Say, 'nothing'." she pats me on the back then stands where she was earlier as a nurse comes in.

Who's Michael?

"How's is she?" the nurse says to Cathy, she tilts her head to the side "healthy." is all she says.

"I'll be back later to check up on you." Cathy pats me again on the back signalling the nurse that she was leaving.

"You're probably very sore." the nurse says "you've been in bed for almost two days!" she smiles, but something seems off about her. The way she seems; forced.

"Today, you will be able to move around and walk with other patients, now how does that feel?" She asks me as she pours me a glass of water and a pill.

"Now here," she says handing it over to me "we don't want you to be dehydrated now, do we?"

I hesitate as I take the white pill in between my fingers. "you best take it, unless you want to be ill for the rest of your life." she smiles that smile once again.

I nod as I look at the pill in my hands

"You don't have to take it now, I suggest you do it during supper, so it will digest quickly Ms. Kenney." she rambles on