The King's Promise

Xion walked out of the Dark Corridor. Riku and Lelie were waiting for her. Lelie walked up to her and gave her a small hug.

"Riku! Lelie!" Xion said, surprised. Lelie smiled and pulled away.

"I'm happy to see you," she smiled.

"Did you find the answer?" Riku asked.

Xion nodded. "Yes, I certainly did. I'm on the verge of losing everything I care about. So please... Please Riku, tell me what I should do now."

Lelie walked toward Riku. "Go to Twilight Town," he instructed. "You'll find a girl there named Naminé."

"Naminé?" Xion repeated. "What's she like?"

Lelie gave her a playful wink. "You'll find out."

"I don't think you'll have trouble finding her," Riku added.

Xion nodded. "All right. Thanks Riku, Lelie. Good-bye..." Xion walked away.

A tear fell from Lelie's eyes. "Good-bye...Xion."

====Time Skip====

The Next Day

========

The whole Organization was sitting in the Round Room.

"Lelie is still missing. Xion has also disappeared yet again," Xemnas said. 

"Do we know where she has headed?" Xaldin asked.

"'It' not 'she' is a replica, merely a puppet," Xemnas told them. 

"A puppet?" Luxord repeated. "What does that mean exactly?"

"A puppet is a puppet," Saix answered simply.

"Talking about the Replica Program, isn't is obvious?" Xigbar sneered.

Demyx's brow furrowed. "The what-ca?"

"Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us about this pet project of yours," Xaldin growled.

Xemnas smirked. "The purpose was to take a piece of the Keyblade wielder's memory and copy it, thus making his powers our own. This was one of the several projects of ours being undertaken at Castle Oblivion. However, our efforts were severely derailed by Vexen's untimely demise. Needless to say, losing Vexen was not part of our plans. We were also caught of guard when this particular replica we called Xion formed an identity of its own."

"No one at Castle Oblivion ever reported any instance where a replica formed its own identity," Saix said. "Do you concur, Axel?" Axel didn't say anything.

"Whatever the puppet may decide to do," Xemnas continued, "we can be certain it will no longer have an impact on our plans. Still,  it knows our secrets. We need to shorten the lease. Perhaps even tighten it."

Roxas flinched. "What do you-"

"Axel," Xemnas interrupted. "The onus is on you to capture and bring back Xion and Lelie. Xion's escape was on your watch. I will overlook any nicks or scratches. Just ensure that Xion still functions on arrival. As well as Lelie."

"Why would you allow deserters back?" Xaldin asked. "We should simply eradicate Xion! And Lelie also deserves a punishment."

"It is not a 'deserter.' It is just a flawed specimen that has wandered out," Saix said. "Lelie was also taken by the imposter."

Xemnas glared at Axel. "Are we clear, Axel?" Axel gave a small nod. "Dismissed." Xemnas disappeared.

"Bring Xion back alive? It's sheer madness," Xaldin shook his head before also disappearing.