Charms, Lies, and Promises

Vexen looked from the smirking replica to the card.

"That card holds the memories of Sora and Riku's home," Axel explained.

"It's just a card. What good is that?" the replica spat.

Larxene grinned, "With a little help from Naminé, you'll have all the real Riku's memories. Maybe we can get her to make you forget you're nothing but a fake." The replica growled. "In other words, we'll remake your heart so you can be- exactly the same as the real Riku, 'kay?"

The replica gasped. "You want to remake my heart!? The real Riku is a wimp who's afraid of the dark! What do I want with the heart of a loser!?"

Larxene ignored him. "Any objections, Vexen? After all, you do want to test Sora, don't you?"

Vexen grinned darkly. "It must be done."

The replica was outraged. "How can you? Are you betraying me!?"

"I told you I would make good use of you, didn't I?" Vexen asked, holding up the card.

"No-" the replica gasped.

"Relax, kiddo. I don't think it's going to hurt that much!" Larxene snickered.

The replica tensed, "I'll hurt YOU!" He charged at Larxene while Axel and Vexen smugly watched. Larxene effortlessly tossed the replica away, and he collapsed on the floor, electricity still coursing through his body. 

Larxene laughed, "Stupid little toy! Think you could defeat me? Where would you ever get a thought like that?" The replica turned to look at her. Fear started to spark in his eyes. "But- look on the bright side. Along with everything else in your head, Naminé will erase the memory of me knocking you flat." 

In the back of the room, Naminé put a hand to her mouth in shock.

Larxene approached the replica. "Instead, she will implant the loveliest little memories you could ever hope for!" The replica tried to scoot away from her. "It's no bid deal that they're all lies." Larxene grinned. 

"No..." the replica was truly frightened now. Larxene continued to walk toward him. "NOOO!!!" the replica screamed, holding out his hand out in a 'stop' motion in fear.

===Time Skip===

Naminé looked at the floor guiltily. 

"Why so glum, Naminé?" Larxene asked with false concern. She walked over to Naminé and bent down. "Is there something that's been troubling you? Are you feeling awful about tinkering with Sora's memory? Or maybe you-"

"Cut it out, Larxene," the replica snapped, walking into the room. The nymph turned to look at him, though Naminé's gaze remained on the floor. "Naminé- she doesn't want to remember Sora."

"Is that so?" Larxene asked with a roll of her eyes.

The replica looked at Naminé, genuine care in his eyes. As genuine as false memories can be. "Don't worry. whatever's hurting you, I'll make it go away." He held up a yellow, star-shaped charm. Naminé looked at the charm, sadness clouding her gaze. "I swear it on this- the good luck charm you gave me," the replica promised. "See ya." The replica walked out of the room.

Larxene grinned. "That's just amazing. It's almost like you completely made his heart from scratch. Nice touch with the good luck charm. I didn't know you could use memories to transform object like cards into keepsakes." She bent down again. "You used the same trick on Sora, right? You changed Kairi's good luck charm with your magic, didn't you?" Larxene giggled behind her hand. "It won't be long before Sora forgets about Kairi completely! And then he'll be all yours to-"

"He won't forget," Naminé interrupted. Larxene's brow furrowed. "No matter how much I change his memory, Sora will never forget Kairi," Naminé explained. "Memories of me- More false memories of me will just make his feelings for Kairi even stronger than before. Because...I'm the shadow of Kairi."

"What's your problem with that?" Larxene asked, putting a hand on her hip. "That should be your incentive not to screw anything up. Just do a good job rewriting Sora's heart. Then you can actually be somebody- and no longer just Kairi's shadow." Naminé glared at Larxene. "You'll be real in Sora's heart."

======

Riku and Lexile

======

Lexile jolted out of her dream. Only it didn't feel like a dream. The Riku Replica. Vexen. And the other two coated figures. As well as the girl in the white dress. They all seemed real. 

Lexile looked around, she and Riku were still in the Wonderland Card-World. They were traveling through the world when Riku insisted on her resting. They found a large tree that had small hallows that were big enough for them to sleep in. Lexile slept in one that was close to the ground, while Riku took one that was a few branches up. 

Lexile looked up and saw that Riku was still sleeping. Not wanting to bother him, Lexile quietly got out of the hallow and walked a short distance from the tree. She leaned against a large mushroom and closed her eyes. She wondered if she had forgotten anything important. She remembered her friends. Two girls. One was named Rue. The other... The other...

She heard footsteps. Her eyes snapped open. 

"Who's there?!" she shouted. When no answer came, her hand started to drift to her sword. "Riku?!" She stepped away from the mushroom. "Riku, if this is a joke I swear-" She was cut off as a figure formed out of the darkness and pressed a hand against her mouth and shoving her against the tree, quieting her.

"Shh. You wouldn't want to wake your friend. Right flower?" a voice whispered. Lexile grabbed the hilt of her blade and unsheathed it. The figure grabbed her arm with his other hand. "Don't fight me," the figure insisted. "It wouldn't end well for you." 

Lexile stabbed the sword into the mushroom, tearing a part of her tunic and nicking her skin in the process. Blood dripped onto the otherwise sparkling clear blade. The figure took back his hand from her mouth and rested his forearm above her throat. "Good girl," he whispered, seeming slightly distracted.

"What do you want?" Lexile asked, voice wavering. 

"Just come with me. I'll show you."

Lexile shook her head. "No way!" she exclaimed. The figure put a finger to her lips.

"Quiet now. I don't want to get in trouble with your friend."

Lexile clenched her fists, "Who are you?"

The figure chuckled lightly, "Nobody." 

Lexile felt darkness started to enter her mind, threatening to send her to unconsciousness. Lexile fought it. But it eventually took over, causing her to crumple to the ground and faint. Now she understood why Riku hated the darkness. 

Riku POV

Riku woke up to a shout. At first he dismissed it. But when a few other cries followed, he jumped down from the hallow he was sleeping in to check on Lexi.

She was gone.

His pulse speeding up. He started to run around in search of her. He shouted her name. 

"Lexi! Lexi where are you!?" he yelled. He didn't get an answer. After a while of searching, he found her bloodied sword, as well as a torn piece of her tunic. It was  stuck in a large mushroom. He could smell darkness. He growled. 

"I swear Ansem. If you or one of those creeps-" he stopped himself when he spotted Lexi's necklace on the ground. The chain was broken and there was a boot print on top of it. He gently picked up the small stone. 

"Don't worry Lexi, I'll make sure you're safe," Riku whispered. "I swear on this pendant." He tied the charm around his neck before running off, newfound anger pulsing through his veins.