Extracted Memories: Feel the Love!

7th Grade - End of Year

"So, where do you want to go next?" Lexile asked Rue. They where at the amusement park on a school incentive. Violet was sick, so she couldn't join them. But Rue and Lexile still enjoyed the insane rides and delicious fast-food. 

"Well, I wanted to check out the gift shop over there," Rue answered, licking the salt from her french-fries off her fingers and pointing to the shop in question. "I looked through the window and saw some pretty cool stuff." 

"Okay then," Lexile said, balling up her used napkins and wrappers. "Let's go now. I still want to ride that one roller coaster once more." Rue nodded and gathered her own garbage. They tossed it all into a trash bin and walked into the cute gift shop. 

Candies lined most of the walls. Small pendants and key chains hung on tall racks. Large bins were overflowing with small stuffed animals and plushies. Lexile picked a plushie up. It had small ears and a catlike face. The fur on it was pink with a small tail sticking out the back. Lexile smiled widely. It. Was. So. Soft.

"Oh my goodness! Rue! Feel this!" 

Rue walked over and took the plushie. Her face lit up like a Christmas Tree. "It's so soft!" she cooed. She held it up and stuffed her face in it. "I think I'm in love with this thing!" 

Lexile gigged, "Anyone would, if they had something as soft as that shoved in their face!" 

Rue pulled the plushie away from her face and slammed it into Lexile's. "Feel the love!" she shouted. Lexile gasped. It was even softer like this! When Rue pulled the plushie away. Lexile giggled at a sudden thought.

"What?" Rue asked.

"I was just thinking, what if someone did that to Xemnas? Would he," Lexile cleared her throat, "'feel the love'?" 

Rue thought about it, then burst out laughing. "Yes! Yes he would!"

"Or Saix?"

"Omg Lexi..."

"Or Larxene..."

"Lexi!"

"Maybe even Zexion!" 

Rue doubled over, laughing. "They would all feel the love! Like," she shoved the plushie in Lexile's face again, "here is your heart! Feel the love!" Lexile pushed away the plushie and laughed. 

"I defiantly feel the love!" she giggled.

"Hold this!" Rue said quickly, handing the plushie to Lexile before running off to another corner of the gift shop. Lexile smiled down at the plushie. "Hey Lexi! Look!" 

Hearing her nickname, Lexile turned. Rue was standing next to a tall rack of beautiful necklaces. Lexile walked over to her. Rue held up three pendants. 

"Look at how pretty these are!" she exclaimed. Lexile took one of the pendants and twisted it in her hand. It was a piece of what looked like shining crystal. Inside of it, a lily flower was open and sparkling. Lexile grinned. The lily was her favorite flower. No idea why though. 

(A/N: The flower inside the pendant in the picture is not a lily, but it is the closest thing I could find

(A/N: The flower inside the pendant in the picture is not a lily, but it is the closest thing I could find. So just imagine this with a lily. Sorry!)

"It is beautiful," she gasped in awe.

"And there's ones for me and Violet too!" Rue held up the other pendants. They were like the first one, but one held a rue flower, and the other a violet.

"They'll be like Wayfinders!" Lexile said happily, staring at the flowers. 

Rue grinned, "And then, just like in the game, we'll always be best friends!" 

Lexile nodded, "Let's go buy them." 

After paying the clerk at the register, Lexile stashed the plushie and other items in Rue's backpack. She took out the pendants. 

"Can you help me put mine on?" Rue asked. Lexile nodded and helped her friend put on the rue pendant. After, she put her own on, tightening it so it was like a choker.

"I can't wait to give Violet her's!" Lexile said excitedly. 

Rue smiled even wider, "Then we'll always be together!" 

=====

The memory faded into black, then to oblivion.