Extracted Memories: Inhalence of Fresh Air

7th Grade- Beginning of Year

"Alright! Boys are playing football tag! Girls are playing badminton! Come on peeps, let's go!" the gym teacher yelled. His voice boomed over the entire field. 

Lexile grabbed her friend's arm. "Hey Nancy, wanna be on my team?" 

Nancy smiled, "Sure! I'll go get the rackets." 

"I'll get a court," Lexile said as her friend skipped off. Lexile walked up to two small girls on one side of a court. One had frizzy brown hair and bright eyes. The other had short black hair and glasses. 

"Are you guys a team?" Lexile asked. The two looked at her and nodded. "Wanna go up against me and my friend?"

The brown-haired one smiled widely, "Sure!" 

"Hey Lexi, I got the rackets!" Nancy said, walking up and handing a racket to Lexile. The girls on the opposite side readied themselves. 

"Don't worry Koko! I have the power of the Triforce and anime on my side!" the brown-haired girl yelled. 

Lexile paused, "You know Legend of Zelda?" 

The girl nodded, "You bet!" 

Nancy shot the badminton over the net. The black-haired girl, Koko, smacked it back over. Lexile hit it. The brown-haired girl missed.

Lexile smiled mischievously, "Well, I've done worse." 

The girl ignored her comment. "How many games have you played?"

Lexile shrugged, "Only a few. Right now I'm working on Breath of the Wild and-"

"That's not what it's called!" the girl shouted, dropping the badminton.

Lexile raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"It's called Inhalence of Fresh Air!" the girl yelled, hitting the badminton over the net.

Nancy giggled, "Where did you hear that?!" 

The girl shrugged, "I can't really remember. But that's what I call it!" 

"So I will too," Lexile said, missing the badminton. "Darn."

"Hey! What's your name anyway?" Koko asked. 

"Lexile," Lexile answered, tossing the badminton to Nancy. 

The girl smiled, "Sweet. My name is Violet."

"You want to come over sometime and play Breath of the Wild?" Lexile asked.

"Sure," Violet said. "But it's Inhalence of Fresh Air!" 

"Sorry, Inhalence of Fresh Air."

=======

The memory faded into black, then into oblivion.