Sora

The Next Day

=========

Roxas ran up to Xion.

"Xion. Where have you been?" Roxas gasped. "Axel and I have been looking all over for you and Lelie."

"You have? Sorry," Xion apologized.

"Let's go find Lelie, then go home," Roxas said gently. "If you come back voluntarily, Saix will let all this drop. He has to." Xion hung her head. "I don't care what he said to you. I'll be there. Me and Axel will make sure-" He held out his hand, Xion stepped back. He stopped.

Xion shook her head. "I really can't. I don't think Lelie can either."

"Why not?" Roxas asked. "Come on..." Xion started to turn to run away. Roxas caught her arm. "Wait!" Xion summoned her Keyblade. Roxas gasped and slowly let go of her arm.

Xion raised her Keyblade, not looking at Roxas. A chakram suddenly flew through the air toward her. Xion quickly turned and deflected it.

Axel walked toward her. "Well, hello there... Xion."

Roxas's eyes widened. "Axel?" Xion dashed toward Axel, Keyblade raised. "No, wait!" Axel started to attack Xion, and Xion fought back. Roxas opened his mouth, but no sound came out as he watched two of his best friends battle. Finally, when Xion was charging at Axel again, Roxas shouted, "Stop!" Xion paused and looked at him, Axel hit her on the back of the neck, and Xion went limp. Axel caught her before she could fall to the ground. He seemed sad.

Roxas ran toward them. Axel threw Xion over his shoulder and disappeared. Roxas stopped and hung his head. High above him, Lelie was also watching, tears sparkling in her eyes for her heart-less friends.

====Time Skip====

The Next Day

========

Axel and Saix stood in the hallway, alone. 

"You're sure things are better this way?" Axel asked.

"I never expected you to question it," Saix replied. "If you could save on of them... why would you choose the puppet?" Axel growled and looked away from the blue-haired Nobody. "Or put it this way. Which would rather suffer the loss of: some make-believe friendship, or a real one?" Axel didn't answer. "Things are finally right again. Of course we're better off this way. Xemnas is exasperated from all the 'fixing' we've had to do. We have to set things right." Saix turned to Axel. "There is simply too much on the line... Lea."

Axel only glared and walked away.

====Time Skip====

Roxas sat in the Round Room, facing Xemnas.

"I need to know," he said.

"About what?" Xemnas asked.

"Xion. Tell me what happened to her."

"Xion is a valued member of the Organization, but she needs her rest. So worry not."

Several pictures flew through Roxas's mind. 

"...Sora," he whispered. Xemnas smirked. "Who is Sora?" Roxas asked.

"The connection," Xemnas answered.

"Connection?" Roxas repeated.

"He is what makes you and Xion a part of each other's lives," Xemnas explained. "And the reason I placed Xion among out number, as well as Lelie. If you want them to stay that way, I must insist you get your mind off these needless distractions. I will have Xion return to her duties tomorrow. And I have asked several members to search for Lelie. Today, you must focus on your own missions." 

Roxas hung his head. "Understood."

====Time Skip====

After Roxas left, Saix appeared.

"Are you certain we've taken suitable measures with Lelie, Xion, and Roxas?" he asked.

"I will admit, Xion and Lelie have strayed from our original designs. However, with Xion, we are also seeing an interesting side effect."

"Really?"

Xemnas nodded. "The Key. Xion was affected by Roxas, just as we had anticipated. This was indeed what we had hoped to achieve. But then, through Roxas, Sora himself began to shape 'it' into 'her', giving Xion a sense of identity. Our plan seemed like a failure at this point. But then it occurred to me. Xion is keeping Sora's memories trapped by claiming them as her own. Keeping her close to Roxas will ultimately prevent Sora from ever waking."

Saix looked at Xemnas. "I see. And what of the imposter? I have heard that it was the imposter that took away Lelie."

"See that he stays away from Roxas," Xemnas ordered. "And track him to see if he does have any connection to Lelie. He is merely an impurity that would make Xion's existence incomplete." 

"Then we shall return to our original plan."

====Time Skip====

Riku stood on top of Memory Skyscraper. Lelie was sitting next to him. 

"Are you sure this will work?" Lelie asked, pulling her knees to her chest.

Riku bent down and put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure it will. Will you be able to go through with it?"

Lelie took a deep breath. "If I am like you told me... I hope so."

======

Xion

======

Xion had her head in her knees on her bed. She looked up to see Kingdom Hearts outside her window.

"What am I supposed to do..." she whimpered, "...Riku?"

====Time Skip====

The Next Day

=======

Naminé was standing in front of the giant memory pod.

"Oh no..." she gasped. DiZ walked up behind her.

"What has happened?" he asked.

"Sora's memory... I'm afraid has stopped," Naminé replied.

"What does that mean?" DiZ asked.

"Unless something is done, he'll never wake from his slumber."

DiZ was quiet for a moment. "The gloves must come off then," he finally said.

"But..." Naminé started.

"Nobodies never should have existed," DiZ told the young memory witch, "as I'm sure you understand, Naminé."

Naminé hung her head. "Yes..." she replied quietly.