True Agendas

19 Days Later

======

Axel gently sat at the foot of Lelie's bed. She had fallen asleep nine days earlier and hadn't woken up. Roxas and Xion came in often to check on her, Axel had to pull them away to make sure they got their own rest. He heard the door open and Saix walked in.

"Ever heard of knocking? What do you want?" Axel growled.

"Tell me what Xion has been doing," Saix ordered.

"Well, how should I know? I'm not spying on her," Axel replied, glaring at the blue-haired Nobody.

"The two of you look pretty close."

Axel huffed. "So what, now I've gotta rat on my friends to you?" He looked at Lelie, who's face was twisted like she was having a bad dream. "I think you should just go."

"Today, you and Xion will be going on the same mission," Saix informed Axel. 

"Well, thank you, sir, for personally delivering that message to me," Axel snarled sarcastically. He gently placed a hand on Lelie's shoulder, and she seemed to relax a little.

"We also need you to go back to Castle Oblivion soon," Saix said.

Axel looked at him. "Says Lord Xemnas?"

"That castle hasn't given up all its secrets," Saix explained. "One even he doesn't know of its whereabouts."

"Even he doesn't know..." Axel repeated quietly. "You mean the chamber, right?"

Lelie started to mumble in her sleep. Both males looked at her, Axel's gaze softened. "We turned that place inside out. If it's there, we're not gonna find it just by looking."

"Then let me give you another reason. Xion comes from the castle to which Naminé can be traced." Axel gave a small gasp and glared at Saix. "The place where both Naminé and Xion were born... It's practically calling out for you."

Axel huffed. "Whatever. As far as the castle goes, you're the one who really wants to go there. By finding the room that Xemnas is searching for...You would find out everything about Xemnas's true agenda. Am I right?"

Saix looked away from the redhead, to Kingdom Hearts floating in the sky. "The Chamber of Repose as well as the Chamber of Waking... Xemnas has an agenda that he hasn't told to anybody. And we are bound to find some clues in the Chamber of Waking. And once we obtain those clues, we'll have the upper hand for our own objectives." Saix looked at Lelie, as did Axel. 

"I knew the time would come when Vexen and Zexion got in your way. That's why I took the initiative, and cleared the way to the top for you," Axel stood up, looking Saix in the eye. "I can handle all the dirty work. You go all the way to the top."

"You will be going with Lelie on a mission to Castle Oblivion. Expect the orders soon." He turned and walked out. Axel turned to look at Lelie. 

"Castle Oblivion..." he muttered. "Naminé... and Xion..." He pulled out two small charms, a stone the color of his hair, and another the color of Lelie's eyes. Saix had the third. "Lelie..." he whispered. "Why did things have to change?"