End of a Fake

Riku, Lexile

=======

Riku and Lexi walked through the room.

"Riku... Riku..." a voice called. Riku stopped.

"Who's there?" he shouted.

"I know you can feel it... The grip that I have on your heart," the voice said. Riku gasped and put a hand on his heart. "You have let in the darkness, Riku. That means very soon your heart shall become an all-consuming darkness."

"Says who?!" Lexi shouted.

"I'm not like that now!" Riku yelled. He suddenly froze in place. 

"Riku?!" Lexi gasped, stepping in front of them.

"Can't...move!" Riku gasped. Darkness started to form around him. 

"The deeper the darkness runs inside you, the stronger I become," the voice warned. "Controlling you is effortless." 

A bright light suddenly formed around them and entered Riku's chest. A blinding light filled the room.

"Must you interfere again!?" the voice shouted, then faded. When the light dimmed, Riku fell to his knees.

"Riku! Are you okay?" Lexi gasped.

Riku nodded. "Yeah, I'm good."

"Phew! Sure glad I made it in time! That oughta keep Ansem busy for a while," a different voice said, relieved. 

Riku and Lexi turned around. Lexi gasped. A small mouse-person stood a few yards away from them. He walked toward them.

"Sorry I couldn't come here sooner, Riku," the mouse apologized. 

"Your Majesty, is it you?" Riku gasped.

"Uh-huh!" a mouse said. Riku touched the side of the mouse's face, making sure he was really there. "Whoa! That tickles!" 

Riku gave a relieved chuckle. "This time, you're not an illusion. I'm so glad that you could make it here."

"Riku, who is this?" Lexi asked.

"This is King Mickey," Riku explained. "He's been helping me fight Ansem for a while now."

"It's nice to meet ya!" Mickey told Lexi.

Lexi smiled. "You too!"

Riku suddenly collapsed on the floor. Mickey and Lexi gasped. Riku laughed. 

"Ahh... I'm okay. Don't worry. Guess I'm just relieved," Riku laughed. "How did you make it here? I thought it was too far."

"I found a card to help me," Mickey explained. He pulled out a memory card. "I needed a way to get outta the realm of darkness, and then suddenly, this card appeared right in front of me. When I picked it up, I could see your heart beyond the darkness. That's what let me find you. I guess the card thought its place was to be with you." He held out the card to Riku.

Riku took the card. "Maybe you are right."

"Let's use it!" Lexi suggested.

Riku stood up. "Yeah."

Mickey looked between them. "Are you two... together? Like together together?"

Lexi and Riku blushed. "Wha-what?!"

Mickey laughed. "All right, I won't press. Go!"

Riku turned to the door. "Uh... right."

====Time Skip====