Replica

Lexile lightly tugged at her new outfit. A simple dark blue tunic and leggings. She had also found some new boots that were more comfortable than her old ones. They didn't have heels like her old ones, so she found out that she was indeed, just a little shorter than Riku. It was a little annoying, as was the boy himself. He had quite the temper. But she had dealt with worse, and moreover enjoyed Riku's company. She had also appreciated that Riku trusted her with a sword that he had found. Short and light. He helped her learn the basics, though it was clear that he was self-taught. She was becoming increasingly worried about her memory loss as well, but didn't dwell on the thoughts.

As they walked out of the world and into Castle Oblivion, she tried to start up a conversation. "So Riku...why are you here?" 

Riku glanced at her, "Remember what that old coot was saying earlier, about the darkness inside of me?" Lexile nodded. "Well, I'm here to master it. And King Mickey is helping me." 

"You seemed pretty angry," Lexile pointed out. "Is the darkness really that bad?"

Riku closed his eyes and shrugged, "I don't know. I once thought it was good, but now..." Lexile put a hand on his shoulder. Surprising, he didn't shove her off. Normally he did.

"Let's just go," Lexile suggested. Riku nodded and looked up. His bright blue eyes went wide. 

"Huh? What are you supposed to be?" he shouted. Lexile looked and gasped. She saw...Riku?

"Surprised? I guess you should be," 'Riku' said, his voice was harsh and mocking. "After all, I look just like you." 

"What the..." Lexile droned off.

'Riku' chuckled, "I'll tell you what I am. I'm an exact replica of you that Vexen made from your data." 

"Vexen? That creepy guy with the green eyes?" Lexile asked. Both boys ignored her. 

"So you're a fake me," Riku said simply.

"Not a 'fake'!" the replica snapped. "I don't care if you're 'real'! You're not better! We share the same body and the same talents. But there is one easy way to tell us apart, though!" He stabbed a finger at Riku.

Riku arched and eyebrow in confusion. The replica smirked, "Unlike you, I fear nothing."

Lexile bit her lip. Riku seemed pretty fearless to her. He struck down heartless like it was nothing. 

"Are you calling me a coward?" Riku spat, scowling.

The replica's smirk grew, "You're afraid of the dark! The darkness inside you still frightens you, no matter what you say."

Riku stuttered. Lexile looked at him. "Riku, don't listen to him," she urged. 

The replica continued boasting, "But I'M different. I embrace the darkness. I can make it do whatever I want." Darkness surrounded the replica, when it faded, the replica was dressed in a large dark-colored jumpsuit, with a heartless emblem on the front. The replica summoned Riku's sword. He held it up. "So...I can wipe the floor with you!"

Riku held up his own sword, "I doubt that." 

The replica smirked, "We'll see!"

Lexile grabbed Riku's arm, "Riku! Are you sure about this?" 

Riku looked at her, "Positive. But you should get out of the way. I don't want you to get hurt."

"But Riku-"

"Go Lexi!" Riku insisted as the replica charged at them. The replica kicked Lexile aside with astounding force and crossed swords with Riku. "Lexi!" Riku called, parrying the replica's attacks.