End of Riku and Lexile's Journey (CoM)

Riku, Lexi, and Mickey stepped up to another large white door. Lexi was quite pale and sometimes looked like she would tip over in the slightest breeze. Mickey had to keep reminding her of his name. And Riku had to say her own name several times before she answered.

Riku held up the memory card. "He said this card will draw Ansem out..."

"Who?" Lexi asked.

Riku sighed. "DiZ. Remember?"

Lexi bit her lip. "Oh yeah! He's the weird guy with the orange eye!"

Riku and Mickey looked at each other sadly. Mickey shook his head like he was clearing it. 

"Don't worry Riku! We can defeat Ansem together!" Mickey urged.

"Sorry... I've gotta face him alone," Riku insisted.

"But why!?" Lexi asked, surprised.

"There's no point in doing this if I can't do it on my own," Riku explained. "But I do need a favor." He turned to Mickey. "If Ansem is the victor, he's going to enslave me. If that happens, use your powers to destr-"

"Of course! I'll be right there to save ya!" Mickey interrupted.

Riku jumped. "Huh? No that's not it. I want you to destr-"

"No way!" Lexi cut in.

"Yeah. No matter what happens, I'm gonna be right there to help ya. I promise ya that," Mickey promised. 

"Unless... you don't believe we'll come through for you..." Lexi muttered.

Riku smiled. "I choose to believe in you always, Lexi and Your Majesty."

"And I in you," Mickey grinned.

Lexi walked up and hugged Riku tightly. "You're not gonna lose Riku. I know it." 

Riku hugged her back. "Thanks." He pulled away and grabbed her pendant from beneath his shirt. "This is yours, I think I should give it back."

Lexi looked at the charm. She shook her head. "No. Keep it. In case anything happens, and I lose my memories of you completely, I want you to have it."

Riku smiled lightly. "Thank you." 

Lexi kissed him lightly on the lips. "Stay safe."

Riku nodded, a little stunned. Planting a small kiss on her cheek, he walked through the door, still tightly clutching her pendant.

====Time Skip====

Riku

=====

Riku ran through the long white hallway. He summoned his sword angrily.

"Ansem! Where are you? Show yourself!" he yelled.

A dark chuckle vibrated through the hall. "Why in such a hurry?" Ansem taunted. "I'll be here at the very heart of darkness... Watching you plunge into the same darkness, inside of you."

Riku growled and ran further into the castle.

====Time Skip====

Walking into a large white battle room, Riku stopped. 

"I smell you, Ansem. Show yourself," he ordered.

Ansem appeared in front of him. "I have watched you fight. I know your strength. Your skill with darkness has grown. It has become more mature. And yet, why..." he glared at the silver-haired teenager. "Why do you accept the darkness- but still refuse me? You know you and I are similar. We both follow where the darkness leads. Indeed, we are the same, so why? Does some part of your heart still have a fear of the dark?"