Asleep

~~~~~~

Roxas reflected on how Xion was acting differently. 

Axel asked Roxas what's wrong. According to Axel, girls are and there are button to avoid pressing. The comment earned him a good punch in the side from Lelie.

Roxas worried he pressed the wrong buttons with Xion, but Axel and Lelie assured him that Xion was fine.

~~~~~~

======

The Next Day

======

~~~~~~

Roxas and Demyx saw Phil putting Hercules through rigorous training.

Phil stated that the higher his expectations, the tougher the training. Roxas wondered if the Organization had been giving him tough missions because they had high expectations for him. 

Roxas, however, did not understand the meaning of "expectations" very well to begin with.

Ever since parting awkwardly with Xion, Roxas ate his ice cream alone after missions.

~~~~~~

=======

17 Days Later

=======

~~~~~~

Before returning to the castle, Roxas saw Beast, wounded from protecting what he cares for, with Belle there to care for him. 

Love had grown between the two. Xaldin declared the power of love was worthless. Roxas asked what the power was, but Xaldin said that explaining the concept to a Nobody with no heart would be pointless, and departed.

Left alone, Roxas contemplated what love might be.

At their usual spot, Roxas asked Axel and Lelie what love is, but got no answer. 

Perhaps completing Kingdom Hearts and gaining a heart would provide some answers. Roxas watched the sunset with these thoughts on his mind.

~~~~~~

======

The Next Day

======

~~~~~~

Before leaving for a mission with Luxord, Roxas heard that Xion had failed another mission and had fallen into a deep slumber. 

Roxas disregarded Saix's order to not worry about a fake like Xion and went to her room.

~~~~~~

Roxas walked into Xion's room. Lelie was in there already, sitting on a chair near the head of Xion's bed. On the bed, Xion was sleeping.

"Xion..." Roxas whispered sadly.

Lelie shook her head. "I don't know what's wrong with her. It's like she's a machine on shut-down mode."

Roxas sighed and pulled something out of his pocket. He laid it on Xion's pillow. 

A seashell.

Lelie bit her lip. "Roxas, since we're alone, and no one can hear us, can I talk to you about something? I'm not sure if I want to tell Xion or Axel yet. And especially not the Superior or Saix."

Roxas looked at her. "Sure. What?"

"Well, I was on a mission the other day, and I was fighting a large Heartless. My pole got knocked out of my hand and landed far away. I was panicking. I wished over and over again for a weapon. Then suddenly, this appeared." She held out her hand and summoned the weapon.

Roxas gasped. "A Keyblade!"

========

Axel

========

"Hey, that was uncalled for!" Axel spat.

"I told you. Keep out of this," Saix replied calmly.

"And I'm telling you that I have to know what's the deal with Xion," Axel insisting, putting his hands on his hips. "If there's something going on, just be straight with me for once, will ya?"

"Do you mean just like you are always honest with me?" Saix shot back.

Axel growled. "Well, you've got me there, I guess."

Saix sighed. "Xion has no right to be among our number."

Axel's eye widened. "What do you mean?"

"It's plain to see. I have nothing more to say." He walked away.

====Time Skip====

The Next Day

=======

~~~~~~

Axel informed Roxas of what he heard from Saix about Xion.

He said that Saix would reconsider claiming Xion to be a failure depending on how she performed from now on. But this was a lie by Axel to cheer up Roxas.

Meanwhile, Roxas had advised on keeping Lelie's ability to use the Keyblade a secret for the time being.

~~~~~~