The Castle

Xion pushed open the door to Castle Oblivion, Lelie followed her. She had become more determined than ever to see it, and know what it was hiding. Lelie had insisted on coming, claiming that Xion might need help. She walked into the room while the door closed behind her. She stopped and looked around. A pain started to form in her brain. She clutched her head. 

"Xion?" Lelie gasped.

"My head...hurts..." she whimpered. A memory flashed in her mind.

--------

Xion was walking out of Castle Oblivion, following Saix. Her hood was up and she was expressionless.

Saix didn't turn. "This is the last you'll ever see of these walls," he promised,

"Xion."

---------

Xion fell to her knees, groaning and gasping.

"Xion? What's wrong?!" Lelie asked, worried. She looked up to see Axel before them. 

"Axel... What are you doing here...?" Xion asked.

"I'm just here on orders, that's all," Axel answered calmly. "There's nothing for you to see here."

"Lies!" Xion exclaimed. Lelie blinked. "This is the place I come from. I just know it."

Axel seemed unfazed. "What about your missions?" Both girls hung their heads. Axel walked toward them. He looked at Xion. "Don't be selfish."

"Of else they'll turn me into a Dusk?" Xion asked venomously.

"They'll do worse than turn you into a Dusk," Axel replied. "They'll just destroy you." He bent down to help her up. 

Xion glared at his hand and stood up by herself. "And is that because I'm useless?" Xion growled.

Lelie opened her mouth to talk but Axel stopped her. "That's not is," he told Xion. Xion didn't looked at him and walked past. Lelie hesitated, but followed her. Axel grabbed Xion's arm. "Guys, go home," he pleaded sadly.

"Not yet," Lelie said.

"Why?"Axel asked.

"I'm remembering things. I have memories of back when I was a human," Xion explained. 

"Well, stop remembering. Nothing good will some of it," Axel told her, shaking his head.

Xion ripped her arm away. "I have dreams every night. And you're in those dreams, Axel! Lelie too! But that wasn't her name!"

"Then they sure aren't memories. How could I be a part of your past?" Axel said, narrowing his eyes. "They're just dreams, that's all."

"You can't fool me," Xion insisted. "We've met before, right here in this castle!"

"No, we have not," Axel growled. He put his hands on her small shoulders. "Please, let's all just go home. We can't keep Roxas waiting."

Lelie looked at Axel pleadingly. "Please, Axel... you've got to help us!"

Xion looked down. "I need to know who I am."

"I need to know who I was," Lelie added. "And if you won't help..." She squeezed her eyes shut and and turned away from him. She ran quickly to the door. Xion pushed out of Axel's grasp and started to dash toward the far door with Lelie.

Axel gasped. "Stop! Stay out of there!" The girls didn't answer, they pushed through the door and was greeted with a blinding light.

====Time Skip====

Axel, Roxas

========

Roxas was sitting on the top of the tower, waiting for the others. Axel appeared. 

"You're early," Axel commented.

"No, you're just late," Roxas replied as Axel sat down beside him.

Roxas looked at his ice cream. "Today makes 255."

"What's that about?" Axel asked, his now-empty ice cream stick in his mouth. 

"It's been that many days since I first jointed the Organization," Roxas explained. "Man, time flies."

Axel plucked the stick from his mouth. "So, you got the number memorized, do you?"

Roxas smiled. "Yeah. Have to hang onto something, right? It's not like I have memories from before the Organization. Don't you remember? I acted like a zombie."

Axel put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Right, that first week you could barely form a sentence." He grinned and slapped Roxas on the back. "But come on, you're still kind of a zombie."

"Oh, thanks!" They both laughed. Axel looked up.

"Hey, Roxas. Bet you don't know why the sun sets red." Roxas looked up at the sun as well. "You see, light is made up of lots of colors. And out of all those colors, red is the one that travels the farthest."

Roxas elbowed Axel. "Like I asked! Know-it-all." They laughed again.

====Time Skip====

After a while of waiting, Roxas looked back again.

"Seriously, where are they?" he muttered.

Axel narrowed his eyes and sat up from the position he was laying in. 

Why...Xion....Lelie? He thought sadly.

========

Lelie, Xion

========

Lelie and Xion found their way to an old watch room. A giant orb sat in the center of the room, where Xion viewed some of her memories. Lelie leaned against the wall, unable to see what Xion saw.

After a few minutes, Xion gasped. Her eyes widened. "Wh-what...?"

"Xion? What's wrong?" Lelie asked gently. Xion didn't look at her. The orb's light reflected off her blue eyes, giving them a magical quality.

"Then I... wasn't who I am...?" Xion whispered.