The Strength in Darkness

The Basement (A Few Hours Earlier)

=======

Zexion was alone until Axel entered the room. 

"Vexen, Larxene, Lexaeus... I wonder who will be next in line," Axel mused, smirking at the dark-haired Nobody.

"I thought perhaps it might be you," Zexion responded casually.

"Me? No way. I already took my pounding from Sora. He thinks I'm done for good," Axel said, turning away. "Nope, I think it'll be Marluxia next. For defying the Organization and targeting Sora. I hope he moves exactly as his heart commands him to."

"Which is?" a voice asked. The two Nobodies looked to see a dark-haired girl enter the room from a Dark Corridor. Zexion raised an eyebrow. Axel turned to him.

"So, what about you, Zexion?" Axel asked, ignoring Lexile. "I thought you guys had plans for Riku."

"What where you're plans exactly?" Lexile asked, planting her hands on her hips.

"We were going to set him off against the traitors," Zexion explained. "But with Marluxia gone, there is no more need. He is nothing but a nuisance now."

"Excuse me?" Lexile growled. But Axel nodded.

"And he's dangerous, as well. After all, he took down Lexaeus," Axel said, glancing around the room like it was far too empty.

Lexile's brow furrowed. "Who's Lexaeus?"

Zexion shook his head. "You know that is not how I do things, Axel. Tell me, did you obtain the data on Riku's home?" 

Lexile raised and eyebrow while Axel smirked.

====Time Skip====

Riku, Lexile

=======

Riku was walking down the large white hallway when the castle shook like a building in an earthquake.

Riku looked around, confused. "What? One of the scents has died, a really strong one." 

He gasped as a figure appeared before him. A man with dark-colored hair that covered more than half his face, revealing only one eye. Lexi was behind him, shivering. She saw Riku. Her face brightened.

"Riku!" she ran away from the figure and threw her arms around Riku. 

Riku was shocked. "Lexi... You're okay! Thank goodness! What happened?"

The man answered for her. "The keeper of this castle, Marluxia, has just been felled by the Keyblade master." 

Lexi wrinkled her nose as she slowly pulled away from Riku. "Good riddance. That guy was creepy."  

Riku looked at the man. "Keyblade... You mean Sora! Sora is here!?" 

"You know him?" Lexi asked quietly. Riku nodded.

"He's my best friend. I think..." Riku answered.

"Want to see him?" the man asked. "But... can you face him?"

"What's that mean?" Riku snapped.

"The world of darkness, and Ansem's shadow, still nest within your heart," the man said. "Do you plan to face Sora like that? Are you not ashamed?"

"Should he be, Zexion?" Lexi asked, glaring slightly at the man. Riku growled and looked at the ground.

"Sora's fate is to battle the darkness," Zexion told them. "He must oppose anyone who hosts the dark, in other words, it's you, Riku. If you don't believe the words I say..." he tossed Riku a memory card, "then you had best see the truth with your own eyes."