Chapter 22

(Luke's POV)

"Yeah I'm gonna go..." Janie said walking away awkwardly into the video game room with Blair and Jay.

"Janie wait!" I called after her. Calum looking at me strange.

"Ava wasn't wrong, you care more about your crush than your girlfriend," he scoffed. I sighed and followed Janie and Blair into the room.

"What?" Blair crossed her arms trying to act angry, but God knows that girl is too nice to act annoyed when she's not.

"What's with you three and your secrets?" I asked trying to take the heat off of myself. Janie immediately tensed up.

"Secrets?" Jay looked at me confused and added an amused chuckle, "Luke you're the one with the secrets here."

"Yeah!" Blair attempted to back Jay up.

Janie was just standing there scratching her arm awkwardly as she stared at her feet. She looked like something was really bothering her, like there was some pain inside of her that she wants to break out and cry about but has too much dignity to.

I focused my attention back onto Jay and Blair. They stared at me expectingly. I sighed feeling like the jerk I was truly.

"Listen I-" my voice cracked.

"STOP!" Janie suddenly yelled interrupting me. All of us looking at her in confusion. "Luke," she took a deep breath, "I need to talk to you," She ran her fingers aggressively through her messy hair and sat on the couch. "ALONE!" She added sounded like she would start crying any minute. The two other girls hurried out of the room.

"Are you okay?" I asked sitting next to her closely. She moved away and didn't look at me for a split second.

"Luke you can't fall in love with me," Janie sighed.

"I already did..." I told her honestly.

"No I mean you shouldn't Luke, I'm not good news," She mumbled staring at the ground still.

"I don't care," I shrugged.

"That's the worst part," the young girl teared up shaking her head as if it was paining her that I liked her.

"Janie why don't you like me?" I sighed.

"Cause I-" she stopped herself from continuing.

"Why?"

"I've been in love with you since the day I met you Luke I won't deny it. But I also won't deny the fact that you deserve better than me."

"You have??" I looked at her in shock.

"Painfully," she nodded squeezing her eyes shut to block tears.

"Than why is it so hard for you to accept that I love you as well, I dated a girl to get over you. Yet, You think you're bad?"

"Luke, I fake dated Ashton for months to get you over me," She rolled her teary eyes.

"You what???"

"And I loved every second of it too..." She admitted barley above a whisper.

"Janie, why are you so against me liking you?" I sighed annoyed.

"Because I'm no good."

"Why do you keep saying that, you're perfect to me!"

"That's what you think!" Janie mumbled loudly.

"Why are you so bad? I don't get your logic," I looked at her. She looked no direction near me.

"Because!"

"Because what?"

"Maybe because you don't really love me Luke," she looked at me, tears streaming down every inch of her face. Voice incredibly shaky. She seemed a bit pissed now.

"I told you I do a million ti-"

"You think you do Luke! You think! You're under a fucking spell and there's nothing I could say or do that will change that or your opinion of me and I don't know what the hell to do!" Janie snapped. Ashton immediately running in to see if she's okay.

"What?" I stared at her in awe and confusion.

"Nothing," she sniffled standing up and going over to Ashton, hugging him immediately, "telling you would only confuse you."

"Let's get you some tissues," Ash pat her on the back and guided her out of the room.

"Not good enough for me but perfect for Ashton huh?" I scoffed to myself.

Ashton treated her better than I did, yet she's not good enough for me.

She's always around Ashton.

Of course she love fake dating Ashton.

She's probably in love with him.

What did I do wrong?? To Janie at least.

------------------

(A/n)

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while!! I didn't have my phone.

Predictions?

Sorry it was short. It surely was dramatic if nothing else!

No need to fear an update is near!