Chapter 38

(Janie's pov)

Jay, Calum, Michael, and I were sitting in the video game room eating breakfast. It was early, and it was quiet. Well as quiet as we could be, by quiet I mean no Ashton noise.

We've been doing this for weeks since Ashton proposed. The four of us, sometimes with Luke included, woke up had breakfast, enjoyed some video games and goofy conversation before the conversations about weddings began again. Michael had the idea because every morning Ashton woke up yelling the same thing over and over, She said yes, then would drum on every inch of the bus until everyone was paying attention. It was cute at first how in love he is, how excited be got. But it headed straight to annoying after the third day. And it's been three weeks since he proposed. Let me just say those three weeks, honestly, made me feel lonely. Very lonely. This was just the life of a forever loner I guess.

"Okay, how much you wanna bet I can beat Ashton at FIFA when he gets up?" Michael laughed.

"He hates FIFA and sucks at it, even Luke could beat Ashton at FIFA!" Calum muttered while stuffing Nutella toast in his mouth.

"Don't you mean even you, cal? Luke beat your team at least a hundred times," Michael chuckled.

"It's easier to actually do it in real life then in a video game," Calum shrugged not denying that he sucks.

Jay stared at me for a second then moved next to me. "What's up butter cup?"

"Nothing," I looked at her blankly, "I'm just thinking about the whole wedding setting."

"It's really crazy and unexpected isn't it though? And I bet you're really jealous cause-"

"Jealous?" I interrupted, "Why would I be jealous?"

"Because you and Ashton had a thing, and you're alone now. Now it seems like you and Calum have a thing," Jay smirked at the last part.

"Woah! Hold it! Calum and I do not have a thing, nor will we ever have a thing. Calum's my friend and nothing more. I promise you, Jay, if Calum and I had any sort of thing that would ever happen I'd let you know," I confirmed honestly.

"Sorry Janie, I'm just trying my hardest to find someone other than Ashton for you to crush on. Calum's my only option," Jay sighed, putting her empty bowl on the floor.

"Maybe I'm not crushing on Ashton," I shrugged, "I'm happy for him I truly am. I'm not jealous, jealousy does ugly things to people and I don't plan on doing anything I'll regret. Sure I feel a bit lonely, but I've always sorta wished this would happen."

"What about Luke?" Jay stared at me as if she had no idea what happened in the first place with him.

"It's a process," was all I said before I noticed Calum and Michael had their heads rested on their hands listening.

"Keep talking girl!" Michael said in a girly tone. I whacked them both with a pillow and laughed. Calum seemed like I just knocked a thought into his head via pillow.

"Janie, you know how you said you were gonna leave? Why didn't you? It's been two weeks since you were gonna," Calum questioned.

"No, no I am, I just didn't want Ashton to think it's his fault, so I'm gonna. I just haven't gotten around to explaining it to Ashton," I sighed.

"You're leaving?" Jay looked at me kinda hurt. "Why?"

"Luke, I don't want to be in the way of him finding a better girl," I explained.

Then, as if on cue, all three of them rolled their eyes.

"Janie did what I told you not matter?" Calum asked.